Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Collins will start for Jay Cutler

Blog Entries

Todd Collins will start for Jay Cutler

The Bears have announced that Todd Collins will start for Jay Cutler against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.
    This flies in the face of the bumper sticker on Collin's car which reads "I will start at Quarterback when you can pry this clipboard from my cold, dead hands!"
    Am I wrong, or did Collins once back up Jim Kelly? Anyway, this would be good news for the co-division leading Packers, but they're so banged up they can't see straight, which apparently is Cutler's problem as well.
    With the Vikings ship trying not to sail off the edge of the flat earth, this is the perfect time for the Lions to make their move. What a week!

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=7160

You aren't wrong. Collins backed up Kelly with the Bills in '95 and '96.

Someone argued that Todd Collins has to be the smartest guy in the NFL, considering that no one has been able to remain on an active roster, holding a clipboard and making millions for nearly as long as Todd Collins has. I mean, $12M in salaries since 2000 as a friggin backup!

Anyway, I think FPL needs to create an annual Todd Collins award for the member who makes the most posts without actually saying anything.

Blog Entries
    Don't make me try for that award. Dangling a carrot like that is like having Dane Cook try to be Employee of the Month in a crappy movie. Sure, I like the ability to have some of my opinions actually respected, but I am quite sure that I can bring my posts to a level of wordiness without substance that may astound everyone.

As for Todd Collins, I guess the Bears want him to play over a younger guy who needs experience because... uh, um, because, uh... he can.... OH COME ON! My mama said "Do what you're good at." Todd Collins is good at making enough to send his kids to private school while holding a clipboard. Let him be who he is. He's old. He doesn't need change. Change is bad.

If there is some sort of an award for that, I promise that I will do what is best for the team. I will take it one post at a time. I'm not really looking at the post I make on October 8, 2011. I am focused on the current post.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

So let me get this straight. Todd Collins has earned $12 million since 2000. Yet, on Sunday night, he threw his first interception since 1997?

Not a bad gig. Sign me up.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Guy: "So, Todd, how does it feel to play for the first time in 13 years?"

Todd Collins: "Well, as a backup quarterback, you have to always prepare. Not only must I know the game plan for each week, I have to always be prepared at the drop of a hat. For 13 years, I have worked hard for this moment. I have always had the warm coat ready for the starter in Lambeau. I have always been able to give the hat that has been sitting on the Cool Zone."

EDIT: Before I get called out on it. I know Collins went 3-0 with the Skins a couple years back, just go with it for sake of the joke, please.
    Last edited by Polishguy00; 10-08-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Always liked Collins, dating back to his Buffalo days.

Enjoyed watching him lead the Redskins to the playoffs in 2007. 106 rating in the 4 wins. Had a 14-13 lead in the 4thQ of the playoff loss to Seattle. Threw 2 backbreaking Pick 6s. Such is life with a backup.
    "I was a late round pick."
    --Chan Gailey

Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    As for Todd Collins, I guess the Bears want him to play over a younger guy who needs experience because... uh, um, because, uh... he can.... OH COME ON! My mama said "Do what you're good at." Todd Collins is good at making enough to send his kids to private school while holding a clipboard. Let him be who he is. He's old. He doesn't need change. Change is bad.
    They didn't sit Cutler cause he needs experience. Cutler was only ruled out after he met with docs, so they're just being cautionary, especially with an easy team this week.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

I don't know about you guys but I've been looking forward to this Collins-Clausen face off all year.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I've been looking forward to this Collins-Clausen face off all year.
    Oh yeah, I expect a barn burner! Only thing I'm looking forward to more is an Alex Smith/Derek Anderson show down!