Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason yada yada

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Some really bad reffing in that one. That Jag defense is weird. They can crush an offense, but have given up a ton of points a few times this year.
    I think of them like the Bengals, with significantly better overall D talent. That D has some emotional knuckleheads that can get them into trouble in close/tense games with stupid penalties. Guys like Jalen Ramsey, an uber-talented player - although that PF call on the sidelines yesterday was bullsh because Ju-Ju pushed him into Bell.
    Telvin Smith and Myles Jack have to be two of the most athletic LBs in the league, and they've got some guys up-front who can push the pocket from inside and out.

It'll be interesting to see how they hold up against a more mature, veteran, "been there before" team in NE. That said, Coughlin seems to have their number in big games from the NYG days.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    The Steelers lost in a finger pointing way that won't be forgotten for months....maybe years.
    All the karma.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I think of them like the Bengals, with significantly better overall D talent.
    They're the team I want the Bengals to be. In fact, if the Bengals can get Ziggy Ansah to sit down at the bargaining table my opening sales pitch would be about how we're building another Sacksonville in Cincy.

Looking forward to both Ben and Bell talking retirement this offseason.

Hear some of the minority owners in Pittsburgh are pushing for Tomlin's firing.

I was talking to a friend about the Steelers about how very little control Tomlin has had over this team. From all the suspensions to the twitter threats and the other BS that goes on. Couple that with not advancing to the the AFC championship 6 out of the last 7 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Looking forward to both Ben and Bell talking retirement this offseason.
    I hope they do more than talk about it.

NSFW but well worth it watching.

https://youtu.be/JyQ6Bbu8jvE

The cashier at the grocery the other day was a Steelers fan (despite having no ties to Pittsburgh), and was seriously grumpy. When I said the Jags were a good team, she laughed, and said they were garbage who just got up for the Steelers. When I pointed out they were the #3 seed in the AFC, she said Bortles was lousy, and the team was nothing without that defense... When I told her they reminded me a lot of the Cowher Super Bowl team, she got really mad.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    The cashier at the grocery the other day was a Steelers fan (despite having no ties to Pittsburgh), and was seriously grumpy. When I said the Jags were a good team, she laughed, and said they were garbage who just got up for the Steelers. When I pointed out they were the #3 seed in the AFC, she said Bortles was lousy, and the team was nothing without that defense... When I told her they reminded me a lot of the Cowher Super Bowl team, she got really mad.
    Isn't that true for like 80% of them?