Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Offseason yada yada

So how good is Roquon in coverage? If we take a LB at 12 he'd better be a 3 down player. And isn't coverage what Vigil and Evans are supposed to be good at?

Vigil could be upgraded. Easily.

Yeah, from what I’ve seen from Roquan in coverage the last thing he has to worry about is someone on this team outplaying him in pass coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    So how good is Roquon in coverage? If we take a LB at 12 he'd better be a 3 down player. And isn't coverage what Vigil and Evans are supposed to be good at?
    He's definitely a 3-down player. But he's smallish... 'course, that seems to be in vogue now... guys like Lavonte David and Telvin Smith. I do think that Evans has the speed and ability (flashed at times) to be a good pass defender, but he's got a ways to go. Vigil I'm not so sure about... other than a few plays here and there, he didn't impress much.

I read today that Isaiah Wynn (Ga G/T) has a shoulder injury - wouldn't be surprised if he had surgery before the season. Torn labrum. Sucks because I really liked what I saw in games and at the Sr. Bowl. Guess that makes him a likely Bengal target, given their other high picks with injuries.

Redskins traded for Alex Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawgBengal View Post
    Redskins traded for Alex Smith.
    A 3 and a CB. Does that set the market for AJM, assuming he isn't named a UFA?

I don’t think so. Unique circumstances from both trading partners in that deal.

That Andy contract looks so good right now. Smith gets a four year, $94M extension with $70M guaranteed (Holy ****!).

Not sure if I hope Cousins lands in Cleveland or not. Fortunately, I think he winds up in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    That Andy contract looks so good right now. Smith gets a four year, $94M extension with $70M guaranteed (Holy ****!).

Not sure if I hope Cousins lands in Cleveland or not. Fortunately, I think he winds up in Denver.

that's insane. Not even to mention that Smith is 33yrs old already.

filed under "absolutely stupid" they didn't pick the Bengals team that was 34 seconds away from actually doing it.

NFL's best losers: Ranking every franchise's top team never to win Super Bowl