Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report: Bengals hire Frank Pollack as OL coach

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    you have to imagine he had a hand in helping draft that star power though.
    Think that is certainly plausible. I wonder though how much draft/FA capital this team is willing to spend on interior offensive lineman though. Seems like they will spend premium capital on their bookends and usually try to hit gold with middling picks on the interior outside of Zeit and Steinbach. At least since Marvin has been here.

Hopefully his intensity rubs off on Ced, who's main issue seems to be just that.

I would pay money for a video feed of the first few practices focusing just on Pollack and Ced.

Hobson’s article - Pollack has been on the other side of a series of sizeable run game ass kickings delivered against the bengals over the last decade:

http://m.bengals.com/s/30838/embedde...31428148015712

Hopefully his intensity rubs off on Ced, who's main issue seems to be just that.
    Maybe I'm being over-reactive, but I'm ready to cut bait on Ced. Awful pick, just cut your losses after 3 years, cut him and move on.

I don't see his problems being cured by coaching and I don't think any of the other guys on offense trust him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Maybe I'm being over-reactive, but I'm ready to cut bait on Ced. Awful pick, just cut your losses after 3 years, cut him and move on.

I don't see his problems being cured by coaching and I don't think any of the other guys on offense trust him at all.

He was better this year. I see absolutely no reason why you would not at least keep him as a back up.

He was better this year. I see absolutely no reason why you would not at least keep him as a back up.
    He was better, for sure (can't be worse?). Thing with Ced, though, it seemed like he had one really bad play in every game, resulting in a sack or bad pressure, or big loss on a running down. In that regard, I don't think Alexander's comments about him losing focus are off-base. If he can be more consistent, I think he can play.

Bodine, OTOH, just isn't good, and I know Alexander was quoted as saying Fisher was their best OL last year, but I didn't see it. I saw him looking like a statue while others were blowing by him too much. He's an athletic guy (actually, both young tackles are), but it takes a lot more than that.