Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
Honestly, for the sake of argument Key himself isn't that important. I can easily shift my Sack-cinnati rant from Arden Key to Marcus Davenport and quickly avoid all of the questions about baggage.

The bigger point of the mock was to ask which prospect really is BPA at #12. AND to look at some of the 2nd and 3rd round OL prospects who might be available if the Bengals draft BPA instead of by position of greatest need. And to consider the comp picks they're projected to get

I honestly think Arden Key deserves to be in any BPA at #12 debate, but he wouldn't be the only name. Plenty of guys could fall. And if they did should the team just pass on them all to call out the name of the next available OT prospect? What if they waited a round?

Just a few moments ago I was just reading a Dallas Cowboy related draft article that quotes Dane Brugler about how teams drafting in the Top20 should never draft by position, but rather for impact regardless of position. If true, what does the short list at #12 look like?
I think there'll be plenty of interesting players at #12. Off the top, folks I'd be interested in (as much as Barkley might be the best guy available, I'd keep Mixon and Gio and not take a back):

QB - Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield (IF they want to move on from Andy soon - I doubt it, but...)
OL - Quentin Nelson, Connor Williams
DL - Vita Vea (assume Chubb is gone), Maurice Hurst (probably early, but he's really good as a penetrating-type DT), Arden Key
LB - Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds (I wouldn't be shocked if Edmunds goes first)
DB - Derwin James, Denzel Ward (I know - he's a CB. But he's excellent and he makes plays).