Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: 2018 Draft Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I am struggling with the QBs. After the first 6 I like Falk but I am not sure I really like anyone else. Interest in Laulleta is wavering. Litton is growing. Not super high on Woodside.
    Woodside would be a poor mans Dalton that could probably run the same type of offense. A timing and accuracy guy. But if you want someone that offered something different than dalton or someone to push him, woodside isn’t that guy.

On to the RBs. I don't want or expect anyone until Day 3. RBs often fall and there is a long list of guys who have hit from day 3. Anyone who you have a feeling may fall and be in that round 4-5 range?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I am struggling with the QBs. After the first 6 I like Falk but I am not sure I really like anyone else. Interest in Laulleta is wavering. Litton is growing. Not super high on Woodside.
    The more I watched Lauletta the more I liked, but I fear he's not a late round sleeper anymore. It's not uncommon to see him ranked as the 6th best QB prospect now. If true it's probably too rich for the Bengals, especially after adding Matt Barkley. I'm no fan of Barkley but I can easily see this team passing on the QB position altogether now.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    The more I watched Lauletta the more I liked, but I fear he's not a late round sleeper anymore. It's not uncommon to see him ranked as the 6th best QB prospect now. If true it's probably too rich for the Bengals, especially after adding Matt Barkley. I'm no fan of Barkley but I can easily see this team passing on the QB position altogether now.
    I still see them taking a QB in day 3 but yes, Lauletta is rising. I just bought Dane Brugler’s guide ($9) and he was rated #8 after the “Big 5” plus Mike White and Mason Rudolph. .

I haven’t watched cfb this year but what’s the knock on mason Rudolph. Last year he looked like a sure
    Fire blue chipper to me.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I haven’t watched cfb this year but what’s the knock on mason Rudolph. Last year he looked like a sure
    Fire blue chipper to me.
    Product of scheme? He looks like a guy I'd take at 46 if we got our center in 1.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I still see them taking a QB in day 3 but yes, Lauletta is rising. I just bought Dane Brugler’s guide ($9) and he was rated #8 after the “Big 5” plus Mike White and Mason Rudolph. .
    He's currently ranked 7th on Draftscout right behind Rudolph. Recently passed Benkert, Falk, and White on their updated Big Board. Highest I've seen him projected to go is 2nd round. Lowest I've seen him projected lately is 3rd or 4th. Regardless, the days of him being projected as a late round pick seem long gone. Also, Rang recently included him on his all-sleeper team. I've even seen him ranked as high as 6th best QB on boards that don't have Lamar Jackson rated highly.

We really need to trade out of 21. Our history in that spot is not good:
    Gresham, Eifert, Ogbueghi.
    Last edited by Jason_NC; 04-08-2018 at 06:24 PM.

First Draft: What can the Bengals do to escape perpetual mediocrity?

Todd McShay, Mel Kiper Jr. and Chris Sprow talk about what the Bengals need to do to escape perpetual mediocrity.

Did a more thorough look at the QBs with some insight. My list would be

Round 2
    Mason Rudolph

Round 4
    Kyle Lauletta
    Luke Falk

Round 7+
    Chase Litton
    Logan Whiteside
    Luis Perez
    Chris Streveler