Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Draft Talk

Marcus Davenport had another huge day. During one stretch he blew up 6 plays in a row during a hurry up offense drill. Was credited with 3 sacks and 3 hurries during the drill working against a blocker named Noteboom (sp?)

It's funny re: people's perceptions. Saw on evaluator on Twitter who thinks Davenport has looked like isht.

I have watched some of the Sr. Bowl practice stuff and there look to be some really good interior OL... guys like Will Hernandez and Isaiah Wynn (really good, from what I've seen), and others.

The LB from UCF, Griffin, is a great story. Hobs did a feature on him. I've seen a few of their games - really impressive player. Can really run and is good off the edge.

I don't think I'd be too upset if they spent their first two picks on offensive lineman (guessing tackle in the 1st/guard in the 2nd), but our linebacking corp is dogsh*t. We really need someone else there for the inevitable missed games by 55. That McCarron 2nd would be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    It's funny re: people's perceptions. Saw on evaluator on Twitter who thinks Davenport has looked like isht.
    I've watched every minute of the televised coverage. Compared with actually being there it's a small fraction...so anything is possible. But outside of losing a few matchups in one-on-one drills I can't think of anyone in Mobile who helped himself more than Davenport, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he had a couple of sacks in the game. Call it a prediction.

As for blockers....the 2nd and 3rd tier OTs have all had moments. McNeil, Parker, that kid from Nevada. Cappa. Several guys look like they could develop but you have to wonder how long you'll have to wait before they're ready to help.

Billy Price won’t get past the Bills in 1 now. Eric Wood had a career ending neck injury found in his end of season physical.

If I had to guess, I would bet they are going to be trying to move up to get a quarterback. McDermott doesn't seem to care for Tyrod.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Billy Price won’t get past the Bills in 1 now. Eric Wood had a career ending neck injury found in his end of season physical.
    Saw that... sucks for him. He was a really good player and seems like a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    If I had to guess, I would bet they are going to be trying to move up to get a quarterback. McDermott doesn't seem to care for Tyrod.
    Yes if they went with Peterman for (part of) a game, he's not sold on Taylor and the Bills' playoff performance didn't convince him the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    The early draft scuttlebutt had the Bills looking to move up to select the last good QB prospect, possibly by trading with a team like Cincy at #12.

The latest scuttlebutt out of Buffalo has that team looking for a trading partner in the Top5...thereby allowing the team to select it's choice of prospects rather than settling for the best still available. Possible trading partners might be the Giants, Colts, or Browns.

FWIW the Bills have got the ammo needed to move up as they've got two 1st round picks and two 2nd rounders.