Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Draft Talk

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Good to know.

He’s a tremendous athlete but I watched him quite a bit this year because I’d read an article about him. Cool story... from Wyoming, father was a Navy Seal and they work out together. He will make some splash plays but he gets washed out quite a bit too. One of those “better athlete than players” at his point - kinda like Malik Jefferson. Knew he would test well. I guess he’s got quite the personality.

If you can harness his ability and make him more consistent he could be a great player.

I honestly don't know much about him. I didn't anticipate I'd like his game tape much because I'd read scouting reports that said he wasn't productive or instinctive. Supposed to be extremely raw. But I remembered him from the combine and thought he was one of the most impressive athletes there. Wanted to see more and tonight I reminded myself. Sweet Jeebus.

I'm not pimping him and I don't know a thing about his value, but damn....that kid has upside for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Its like watching the DT version of David Pollack.
    Is that good or bad?

Mayock compared his upside to JJ Watt. That'll do. And Draftscout comped him to Fletcher Cox. Found another scouting report that said he reminded of Cameron Jordan. Also found a site that said if drafted he'd be the best athlete on any football team, but not the best football player. Well, that's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Is that good or bad?

Mayock compared his upside to JJ Watt. That'll do. And Draftscout comped him to Fletcher Cox. Found another scouting report that said he reminded of Cameron Jordan. Also found a site that said if drafted he'd be the best athlete on any football team, but not the best football player. Well, that's a start.

Lol a compliment

I watched. Seemed to be god at penetrating and slicing through blocks. Can see how his game is a little more speed than power, and how he might get washed out at times.

But lord, the tape I saw didn’t highlight him before the snap, but it wasn’t necessary the guy who was the first off the ball and halfway past the o-lineman before he was out of his stance was prettty hard to miss. I didn’t watch the combine, just reviewed metrics. This is a guy whose athleticism translates.

One other thought re: DL. Taven Bryan may be available when the Bengals pick in round 2, so I'm sure he'd be strongly considered. Another thought for round 2 - a guy already in the league, David Irving.

He's huge - 6-7, and built. Got kicked off of Iowa State his senior year. Wasn't drafted and after bouncing around a bit, he ended up in Dallas. Had a concussion where he missed some games late last year, and also got busted for PEDs and missed time. He isn't the most consistent guy but he's had some monster games, too. Really talented/disruptive. Cowboys just slapped a 2nd round tender on him today - but for a 2nd round pick, I'd kick the tires. IMO he's better than any DL out there in round 2. He's 24 so he's got a lot of room to get better, IMO, and he can play inside and outside on the DL.

If the Bengals got someone like Daniels or Wynn or Hernandez at 21 and then David Irving with their #2, that'd be a significant upgrade, IMO.

Saw where Marv is at OU Pro Day.

Orlando Brown killed it!

Ok, well, he improved - 4 more lifts at 225 to 18, 40 time over .2 secs better at 5.63 (still would have been slowest at Combine), 7 inches better on broad and 6 inches higher on vertical. Must be the Oklahoma dirt. Good for him.

Guessing Marvin wanted to see him close up after a bad Combine. I think he was on the Ravens staff when Orlando Sr. played.

Orlando Brown killed it!

Ok, well, he improved - 4 more lifts at 225 to 18, 40 time over .2 secs better at 5.63 (still would have been slowest at Combine), 7 inches better on broad and 6 inches higher on vertical. Must be the Oklahoma dirt. Good for him.

Guessing Marvin wanted to see him close up after a bad Combine. I think he was on the Ravens staff when Orlando Sr. played.
    Beginning to think more and more round 1 and 2 could both be lineman. C at 21 and the Tackle who falls at 45 or McGlinchey at 21 and a C at 45. I'd support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Beginning to think more and more round 1 and 2 could both be lineman. C at 21 and the Tackle who falls at 45 or McGlinchey at 21 and a C at 45. I'd support it.
    I'd like that as well. Especially if we can keep Eifert.

We'd still have 6 picks in rounds 3-5 that we could go heavy on defense.

One other thought re: DL. Taven Bryan may be available when the Bengals pick in round 2, so I'm sure he'd be strongly considered. Another thought for round 2 - a guy already in the league, David Irving.

He's huge - 6-7, and built. Got kicked off of Iowa State his senior year. Wasn't drafted and after bouncing around a bit, he ended up in Dallas. Had a concussion where he missed some games late last year, and also got busted for PEDs and missed time. He isn't the most consistent guy but he's had some monster games, too. Really talented/disruptive. Cowboys just slapped a 2nd round tender on him today - but for a 2nd round pick, I'd kick the tires. IMO he's better than any DL out there in round 2. He's 24 so he's got a lot of room to get better, IMO, and he can play inside and outside on the DL.

If the Bengals got someone like Daniels or Wynn or Hernandez at 21 and then David Irving with their #2, that'd be a significant upgrade, IMO.
    I was a huge fan of Irving's coming out of Iowa State. Banged the drum hard.

Orlando Brown killed it!

When a guy jumps 7 inches further and 6 inches higher you know something was up earlier. The 40 I'm always skeptical with improvements, but height/length differences are pretty objectively different.