Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Draft Talk

2018 Draft Talk

Cincy Jungle@CincyJungle 6h6 hours agoMore

The full list of underclassmen who declared for the 2018 #NFL Draft
    https://t.co/eWpPCXGIqW

Daniel Jeremiah released his Top50.

#17 Conner Williams highest ranked OT. Orlando Brown and Mike McGlinchey both ranked in the 30's.

Also of note, Brian Price was not the highest ranked OC.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah released his Top50.

#17 Conner Williams highest ranked OT. Orlando Brown and Mike McGlinchey both ranked in the 30's.

Also of note, Brian Price was not the highest ranked OC
    Where did he rank among managers? Or pitching coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Where did he rank among managers? Or pitching coaches?

He was deemed a good friend of the crown, Billy Billy.

Moving on.

Multiple sources say the Bengals showed heavy interest in 340 pound OG Will Hernandez at the Senior Bowl.

Moving on.

Multiple sources say the Bengals showed heavy interest in 340 pound OG Will Hernandez at the Senior Bowl.
    Good. I’ve wanted a big body RG to replace Bobbie Williams for a while now. Or at least since Zeitler left.

Moving on.

Hernandez IS heavy so that makes (get ready for it...) a ton of sense. He's mean, too - so that helps.

Supposedly they also spent some time with Marcus Davenport. Being an athletic 260-pound, 6-7 DE who can bend around the edge can make one popular. Although Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks were giving him isht for favoring Whataburger over In-n-Out. Davenport cited how great the Chicken Strip sandwich is (his go-to at Whataburger) and they were killing him since that's not a burger. Pretty funny. Anyway, I love In-n-Out but I gotta say, Whataburger is really good, too.

I've traveled to Dallas a few times for work and always get an Uber to go to In-N-Out always hear about how I'm making a mistake for not going to whataburger instead. Too tough to pass up In-N-Out when there isn't one within a thousand miles.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    I've traveled to Dallas a few times for work and always get an Uber to go to In-N-Out always hear about how I'm making a mistake for not going to whataburger instead. Too tough to pass up In-N-Out when there isn't one within a thousand miles.
    Yep I hear you. I was so excited when In-N-Out came here to TX about 5 years ago, but now that they're here, I don't go all that often... but it's still as great as ever when I do. Whataburger has a more expansive menu, and the burgers are freakin' huge (you can get single meat but their "favorites" are all double meat). Chicken sandwiches are very good also, as is the breakfast menu. I swear, Texans don't cook... there are so many places to eat here. Pretty much any fast food joint you can name is here (not counting Cincinnati chili places).

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Supposedly they also spent some time with Marcus Davenport. Being an athletic 260-pound, 6-7 DE who can bend around the edge can make one popular.
    Thrilled to hear that. Have to admit I was skeptical he was worth the hype but he's as good as advertised. He might have won weigh in day by being heavier and nearly as tall as listed. When does that ever happen? FWIW he says he wasn't highly recruited because he weighed 198 in HS. Thinks he can carry another 20 lbs on his frame. Said at the first practice in Mobile Romeo Crennell kicked him inside to see if he could handle 3-tech. He dominated. Day two they asked him to rush from a 2-point stance. He dominated again. Seemed great in an interview. Very likable but serious.

We’re currently at the point in the draft process where I don’t know anything about anyone. Right now, I want us to draft someone awesome, who happens to be at a position of need, who will take us to the Super Bowl. That guy is my favorite.