Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Marvin Lewis: We have to make it better; we have to be better

  1. #1

    Marvin Lewis: We have to make it better; we have to be better

    Posted by Charean Williams on January 25, 2018, 6:10 PM EST


    The Bengals missed the postseason the past two seasons. They, of course, have not won a playoff game since the 1990 season.

    Marvin Lewis returns with a new contract but with the same goal he has had since arriving in 2003.

    “We have to make it better. We have to be a better football team. I mean, we have to,” Lewis told Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “We’ve got a lot work ahead and players know that and understand that. They look forward to that. It’s that group of guys that’s going to lead them forward but they know what’s ahead.”

    The Bengals have turned over their coaching staff, with owner and president Mike Brown citing the injection of fresh ideas as much needed in one of the team’s biggest coaching turnovers.

    “It’s going to be new; it’s going to be different,” Lewis said, “so we’re going to have the [players’] attention, which is good. It’ll be a good spark for them to have. But we don’t have to reinvent the wheel. But we can certainly make it different, better.”


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-be-better/

  2. #2
    "This time we really mean it." - Bengals 2018 t-shirt slogan.

  3. #3
    I still cannot believe he is back. I don't think reality has set in yet. May not until TC when I realize this team is so severely capped that any potential playoff appearance is going to be marred by clock mismanagement and conservative, play not to lose bs.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    "This time we really mean it." - Bengals 2018 t-shirt slogan.

    "I mean, we have to."

  5. #5
    And this is important... that way. And we move forward - that way. And it's exciting (that way!).

  6. #6
    I assume he spends every waking minute singing "I Want it That Way" to himself.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    I still cannot believe he is back. I don't think reality has set in yet. May not until TC when I realize this team is so severely capped that any potential playoff appearance is going to be marred by clock mismanagement and conservative, play not to lose bs.
    Want to be more angry?

    “We want to do everything in our power to get Russell back,” Lewis said. “Russell’s been, physically, mentally a tough football player for us. He was installed there as a rookie and he’s done nothing but continue to grow and get better and frankly grow into a guy you can count on to help lead the football team. I feel really good about him. So hopefully we’ll be able to get that done. I’d like to get that done. He’d like to get that done, from what he says.”

    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...rm/1069262001/

    We have the biggest idiot in the league running our team. I have no doubt a handful of us chosen at random could do better.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    And this is important... that way. And we move forward - that way. And it's exciting (that way!).
    And whatnot.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Want to be more angry?

    “We want to do everything in our power to get Russell back,” Lewis said. “Russell’s been, physically, mentally a tough football player for us. He was installed there as a rookie and he’s done nothing but continue to grow and get better and frankly grow into a guy you can count on to help lead the football team. I feel really good about him. So hopefully we’ll be able to get that done. I’d like to get that done. He’d like to get that done, from what he says.”

    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...rm/1069262001/

    We have the biggest idiot in the league running our team. I have no doubt a handful of us chosen at random could do better.
    Marvin is good (that way).

    It's good to know that our HC wants Bodine back... meanwhile, we have no idea what our new OL coach thinks about that. But we'll move forward that way. And so forth, and so on - that way.

  10. #10
    So Marvin said that he wants the team to be more aggressive filling needs in outside FA.

    If we're not going to upgrade Center in free agency, what position are we realistically going to look at?

    I didn't see a whole lot on the FA market at OT, which is the other glaring need.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •