Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marvin Lewis: We have to make it better; we have to be better

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    So Marvin said that he wants the team to be more aggressive filling needs in outside FA.

If we're not going to upgrade Center in free agency, what position are we realistically going to look at?

I didn't see a whole lot on the FA market at OT, which is the other glaring need.

Get ready for the “you guys don’t understand... re-signing our own guys is a part of the free agency process and that’s where our focus will continue to be” lecture and spin.

If they re-sign Bodine, that story line fits perfectly. Add in Huber and Chris Smith and you’ve hit the trifecta! That way.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Get ready for the “you guys don’t understand... re-signing our own guys is a part of the free agency process and that’s where our focus will continue to be” lecture and spin.

Pretty sure that I and the rest of the "Tag Eifert" camp already understood the above.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Pretty sure that I and the rest of the "Tag Eifert" camp already understood the above.

Oh OK. I guess it was for the other non-geniuses like myself.

How much would the tag on Eifert cost against the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincity View Post
    How much would the tag on Eifert cost against the cap?
    The amounts won’t be set until March 1 or thereabouts... but last year TE was $9.78M. Assuming a 10% increase you’re a shade under $10.8M.