Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl thread

Senior Bowl thread

Like Mcrary the lb for awhile from Michigan. A Dayton kid

HOF’s guy Davenport already impressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    HOF’s guy Davenport already impressing.
    My goodness. I'd love to see Davenport's stat line from this game. From memory, a sack, multiple hurries, a blocked pass, two turnovers forced, a fumble recovered and TD scored. And I bet he didn't play more than 25-30 snaps.

I guess he went on twitter Wednesday saying he had to get better after getting whipped by Alex Capp a few times in the 1-on-1 drills. Showed up on Thursday and has been unblockable since. Daniel Jeremiah even admitted they were chipping him today in the 2nd half after he wrecked a couple of 1st half drives by himself.

3 of 7 for 9 yards? I didn't watch the game, did Mayfield look as bad as his statline?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    3 of 7 for 9 yards? I didn't watch the game, did Mayfield look as bad as his statline?
    I doubt it matters. Mayfield led two drives that stalled and then left the game to be with family. At halftime they said he wasn't even in the stadium.

Post game update on Davenport: He may not make it to #12 now. Teams showing heavy interest in him at the Senior Bowl include the Browns, Buccaneers, and Raiders. Tampa Bay privately interviewed him. The Lions are rumored to be interested in Davenport as....(wait for it)......a relatively inexpensive Ziggy Ansah replacement.

Mayock claims teams may be put off by Davenport's almost too even personality. Always steady. Never runs hot or cold. Highly intelligent and focused. But no mean streak. Myself, I thought he was outstanding in the interview I watched and if he doesn't have a mean streak, well.......his personality reminded me of Geno. Crazy aggressive on the field. Quiet and perhaps a bit lackadaisical when off.

I watched most of the game. With the possible exception of Davenport, I didn't see anyone there worth #12.

The positives from Bengals perspective:

1. It seems like both Allen and Mayfield did enough through the week and game to solidify themselves as top-10 prospects. I think I agree with those who say that all 4 go in the top-10 (though Cousins may fill one of those openings). That is going to push some of the position players down the the Bengals.

2. It's a lot deeper draft on the OL overall. Unlike last year, seems like there will be plenty of good options on Day 2. I thought O'Neill from Pitt for example looked really good.

3. Really deep TE draft too. Gesicki, Goedert, Hurst, Fumagalli, etc. all look like Day 2 guys who would be a good fit.

Off topic, but every time I watch something draft related I get pissed at the Browns for F'ing up that trade. This offseason would be so much more fun if we had 5 picks on the 2nd day of the draft...

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Off topic, but every time I watch something draft related I get pissed at the Browns for F'ing up that trade. This offseason would be so much more fun if we had 5 picks on the 2nd day of the draft...
    Not to mention 2 on the first day. Weren't they offering a 1 and a 2? Could you imagine picks 4, 12, 46, and 63?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Not to mention 2 on the first day. Weren't they offering a 1 and a 2? Could you imagine picks 4, 12, 46, and 63?
    No, a second and a third.

No way they would have given up a top 5 pick for aj.