Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Drafts, 2018

Edmunds would be high on my board if he’s there. Probably at the top.

At least Hobs didn't reach for the o-line that time. Progress. I always view his mocks with suspicion that they are colored by what he is hearing the building. I am choosing to hope that he is hearing they won't reach.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    At least Hobs didn't reach for the o-line that time. Progress.
    I blame peer pressure. Hobs was participating in a mock with other media types. Probably didn't want to be the guy who predictably reaches for 2nd round value at #12 when so many better players were available. Thus, he reluctantly selects Tremaine Edmunds but fills most of the article writing about how he couldn't find a trade partner to trade down with.

I think he's terrified of Jeremy Fowler and others making fun of him.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    I blame peer pressure. Hobs was participating in a mock with other media types. Probably didn't want to be the guy who predictably reaches for 2nd round value at #12 when so many better players were available. Thus, he reluctantly selects Tremaine Edmunds but fills most of the article writing about how he couldn't find a trade partner to trade down with.

I think he's terrified of Jeremy Fowler and others making fun of him.
    I'll take it.

I found two vastly different post-trade mocks.

Denver Post thinks the more things change the more they stay the same. Bengals drop to #21 and take the drafts first OT...Conner Williams.

USA Today has the Bengals selecting James Daniel at #21.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    I found two vastly different post-trade mocks.

Denver Post thinks the more things change the more they stay the same. Bengals drop to #21 and take the drafts first OT...Conner Williams.

USA Today has the Bengals selecting James Daniel at #21.
    I've seen James Daniel a couple of times today, including WalterFootball. Basically says what you've been saying, that OL was too rich in this draft at 12 but at 21 makes a lot of sense, and getting the top center could help overhaul the line.

We haven’t had a good C in almost 15 years.

If Daniels or price is a plug and play C take him.

dehner

My #Bengals mock draft 2.0 is live. They moved from No. 12 to No. 21, so who is the new target? Plus 5 others in the conversation. Commence opinionating.

Bengals mock draft 2.0: Now at 21, who is the target? - https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...get/447274002/

Billy Price

If Price weren’t injured he’d be my #1 guy. I’m just snakebit on injured first round draft picks.

10. He had successful surgery a few weeks back, and is en route to full participation in training camp. It was a partial pec tear--not the OMG full variety. He has never had a debilitating injury in college. If he misses OTA's, whatever--it's mostly schoolwork anyway and he would be there. And even if he can't lift until June, he isn't suddenly going to turn into Glass Joe. This is a special talent in terms of strength and athleticism.

Dude immediately answers the question of either center or RG. I would have no problem with him at #21.