Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency, Cuts, Targets

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Signs 1 year $3M
    Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Anyone know if he is more 3 tech or 1 tech?

Sounds like 3-tech. The update on PFT claims his weight is down to 300. I've seen it listed as high as 320 with the Bucs. That's encouraging. If he's in shape he can give them some snaps at DE.

His motivation has been questioned in the past and he split the Bucs locker room when by some accounts he cost the team a game when he jumped off sides on 4th and goal. Didn't act contrite afterwards...thereby prompting Jameis to lose his mind. Not sure how to feel about that because I don't like Winston. Pretty easy for me to give Baker the benefit of the doubt on that one. Much harder to forgive is the season long lack of production.

I can't help thinking about how polarizing both FA signees were last season. Team cancers by some accounts. Total failures for sure, but somehow more than that.

Marvin's Mutts.

Jacob Burney was his coach in Washington. If Baker was a malcontent we wouldn't be signing him.

Cincinnati Bengals' 2018 free agency: Chris Baker comes with baggage, but could help D-line

There's a reason the Buccaneers were quick to cut ties with Baker one season into a three-year, $15.75 million deal. He comes with baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Jacob Burney was his coach in Washington. If Baker was a malcontent we wouldn't be signing him.
    Bengals signed him because his contract was cheap and didn't mess with their comp pick formula. Baker agreed to play for peanuts because of the baggage he brings. It's the Bengal Way. The perfect marriage of a cheap contract coupled with a history of costly intangibles.

I think its encouraging that they are at least being somewhat aggressive and taking flyers on some guys with upside. I do think they will stay out of FA due to the McCarron contract and try to recoup a 3rd round compensatory pick. Frustrating, but they are who they are..

Patrick Smith/Getty Images
    59mESPN
    2018 NFL free agency: Intel on more than 175 noteworthy players

The NFL's free-agency frenzy is here, so buckle up and prepare for the whirlwind of signings by boning up on the most intriguing players available.

Tyrann Mathieu expected to be cut. Probably my favorite draft prospect ever. Came down with a bout of depression when the Cards leapfrogged us. Let's not make the same mistake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Tyrann Mathieu expected to be cut. Probably my favorite draft prospect ever. Came down with a bout of depression when the Cards leapfrogged us. Let's not make the same mistake twice.
    Now THAT one I'd jump on. He's had some injuries but he's a playmaker.