Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 149

Thread: Free Agency, Cuts, Targets

  1. #21
    The offseason I would love to see. Basically a vet at every level.

    QB

    1. Sign Glennon (or Bridgewater). Glennon would come cheap and has been solid in his moments. I could see him becoming a long term starter if Dalton got injured. That's what I want in my top backup.
    2. Sign Jerod Evans. I don't want to spend anything on a QB in the draft and Evans was with Van Pelt last year.

    RB
    1. Draft a guy after round 4.

    WR
    1. Sign John Brown. He should come cheap and could be very high reward. We went through last year with 7 wideouts and we can do it again this year. Brown is a legit 2nd WR which we lack. I think you have to take advantage of guys with question marks.

    TE
    1. Draft an athletic guy after round 2.

    OL
    1. Sign Weston Richburg at C on day 1. Backup the truck. He won't make substantially more than Bodine but will play way better.
    2. Sign Strief if he is cut.
    3. Draft McGlinchey at 12. Last year we did't take Ramczyk, Bolles or Robinson in round one because they were deemed reaches. All started all year. The worst case scenario is McGlinchey is a 10 year right tackle for you.

    DL
    1. Sign Haloti Ngata. I think Austin loves him.

    LB
    1. Sign one of Zach Brown, Korey Toomer or Whitehead. Get that done within week one.
    2 Sign a secondary guy probably Nick Bellore. He knows Austin and can play teams

    DB
    1. Sign Eric Reid. His kneeling makes him a steal. If he isn't a steal than stay away.

  2. #22
    You’re gonna be banging the Glennon drum until death haha. With that being said I wouldn’t hate it if it was very cheap.

    Otherwise I’d rather draft one in the middle rounds and spend the 4-6 m on a different free agent.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    The offseason I would love to see. Basically a vet at every level.

    QB

    1. Sign Glennon (or Bridgewater). Glennon would come cheap and has been solid in his moments. I could see him becoming a long term starter if Dalton got injured. That's what I want in my top backup.
    2. Sign Jerod Evans. I don't want to spend anything on a QB in the draft and Evans was with Van Pelt last year.

    RB
    1. Draft a guy after round 4.

    WR
    1. Sign John Brown. He should come cheap and could be very high reward. We went through last year with 7 wideouts and we can do it again this year. Brown is a legit 2nd WR which we lack. I think you have to take advantage of guys with question marks.

    TE
    1. Draft an athletic guy after round 2.

    OL
    1. Sign Weston Richburg at C on day 1. Backup the truck. He won't make substantially more than Bodine but will play way better.
    2. Sign Strief if he is cut.
    3. Draft McGlinchey at 12. Last year we did't take Ramczyk, Bolles or Robinson in round one because they were deemed reaches. All started all year. The worst case scenario is McGlinchey is a 10 year right tackle for you.

    DL
    1. Sign Haloti Ngata. I think Austin loves him.

    LB
    1. Sign one of Zach Brown, Korey Toomer or Whitehead. Get that done within week one.
    2 Sign a secondary guy probably Nick Bellore. He knows Austin and can play teams

    DB
    1. Sign Eric Reid. His kneeling makes him a steal. If he isn't a steal than stay away.
    Lets start with a positive. I like the idea of adding Whitehead.

    Kind of hated everything else.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    The offseason I would love to see. Basically a vet at every level.

    QB

    1. Sign Glennon (or Bridgewater). Glennon would come cheap and has been solid in his moments. I could see him becoming a long term starter if Dalton got injured. That's what I want in my top backup.
    2. Sign Jerod Evans. I don't want to spend anything on a QB in the draft and Evans was with Van Pelt last year.

    If Glennon is cheap, fine. Think I'd rather take a shot on a young QB in the 3rd or 4th and hope they are good enough to backup. And if not stick with Driskel as the 2 for one year.

    RB
    1. Draft a guy after round 4.

    I'm fine with Brian Hill as the #3, but I could see a 6th or 7th rounder.

    WR
    1. Sign John Brown. He should come cheap and could be very high reward. We went through last year with 7 wideouts and we can do it again this year. Brown is a legit 2nd WR which we lack. I think you have to take advantage of guys with question marks.

    If Arizona doesn't try to keep him, that's probably a pretty good clue. I know sunk costs and all, but have to give Ross (and to lesser extent Malone) their shot this year.

    TE
    1. Draft an athletic guy after round 2.

    Agreed. If they can fill some other holes or move around in the draft, I don't even hate the idea of Goedert or Gesicki in round 2.

    OL
    1. Sign Weston Richburg at C on day 1. Backup the truck. He won't make substantially more than Bodine but will play way better.
    2. Sign Strief if he is cut.
    3. Draft McGlinchey at 12. Last year we did't take Ramczyk, Bolles or Robinson in round one because they were deemed reaches. All started all year. The worst case scenario is McGlinchey is a 10 year right tackle for you.

    I'm on board with Richburg. I think Strief retired. Think I prefer an impact defender at 12 and OT in the 2nd.

    DL
    1. Sign Haloti Ngata. I think Austin loves him.

    Meh. He's 34. Don't completely hate it if the price is right but it would be a low impact signing.

    LB
    1. Sign one of Zach Brown, Korey Toomer or Whitehead. Get that done within week one.
    2 Sign a secondary guy probably Nick Bellore. He knows Austin and can play teams

    This is one of those situations where I really wish the draft was before FA (like in the strike year). Edmunds and Roquan Smith are my two favorite realistic options at 12 but we can't just bank on one being there.

    DB
    1. Sign Eric Reid. His kneeling makes him a steal. If he isn't a steal than stay away.
    He was our main 1st round target his draft class but SF traded up a couple spots to scoop him. Wouldn't mind this one at all.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    He was our main 1st round target his draft class but SF traded up a couple spots to scoop him. Wouldn't mind this one at all.
    What is Shawn Williams contract situation? I know we extended him but is he cutable and how much would that save?

    The saints got Coleman for 3 years 18 m and our offer was apparently competitive. That’s starting S money not 3rd S. Would we have cut Williams had we signed Kurt?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    What is Shawn Williams contract situation? I know we extended him but is he cutable and how much would that save?

    The saints got Coleman for 3 years 18 m and our offer was apparently competitive. That’s starting S money not 3rd S. Would we have cut Williams had we signed Kurt?
    Cap number is $4M. We'd save $2.8M if we cut him.

    He was one of our best special teamers before moving into the starting lineup. For less than $3M, we could keep him around even if he loses his starting job as a decent backup and good special teamer.

    I said a few weeks back that my gut feeling was that Derwin James will be the pick at 12. Still sticking with that after the combine as long as Edmunds doesn't slide.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    The offseason I would love to see. Basically a vet at every level.

    QB

    1. Sign Glennon (or Bridgewater). Glennon would come cheap and has been solid in his moments. I could see him becoming a long term starter if Dalton got injured. That's what I want in my top backup.
    2. Sign Jerod Evans. I don't want to spend anything on a QB in the draft and Evans was with Van Pelt last year.

    RB
    1. Draft a guy after round 4.

    WR
    1. Sign John Brown. He should come cheap and could be very high reward. We went through last year with 7 wideouts and we can do it again this year. Brown is a legit 2nd WR which we lack. I think you have to take advantage of guys with question marks.

    TE
    1. Draft an athletic guy after round 2.

    OL
    1. Sign Weston Richburg at C on day 1. Backup the truck. He won't make substantially more than Bodine but will play way better.
    2. Sign Strief if he is cut.
    3. Draft McGlinchey at 12. Last year we did't take Ramczyk, Bolles or Robinson in round one because they were deemed reaches. All started all year. The worst case scenario is McGlinchey is a 10 year right tackle for you.

    DL
    1. Sign Haloti Ngata. I think Austin loves him.

    LB
    1. Sign one of Zach Brown, Korey Toomer or Whitehead. Get that done within week one.
    2 Sign a secondary guy probably Nick Bellore. He knows Austin and can play teams

    DB
    1. Sign Eric Reid. His kneeling makes him a steal. If he isn't a steal than stay away.
    I like Richburg but I wouldn’t back up the truck for him, especially coming off a pretty bad concussion. When healthy I do like him better than Jethro but not sure the Bengals do.

    At WR I’d rather see more Ross and Malone and Boyd. Maybe a draft pick... let’s see what Bicknell can do with the young crew.

    At QB Glennon - meh. I’d be ok With Driskell and a developmental guy they draft. RB -between Carson and the rookie for UTSA JArveon Williams, I’m ok with their depth. I actually like Williams a lot.

    I want them to take an interior DL on day 1 or 2... I have no interest in Haloti Ngata at this stage.

    Whitehead at LB would help. So would Eric Reid, but I don’t see it happening.
    Last edited by texbengal; 03-11-2018 at 01:38 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Lets start with a positive. I like the idea of adding Whitehead.

    Kind of hated everything else.
    Any reason why?

  9. #29
    With the number of Free Agent LBs available I would go that way and draft another position. I have not dove into the prospects yet but people I trust like the top 2 atleast. It's one of those scenarios where if we take them I think it's the wrong choice in terms of team building but the player is great.

    I am really curious about both Derwin James.

    I think my realistic group is

    Nelson-McGlinchey-James-Fitzpatrick-Smith-Edmonds

    If 5 of the other picks are Allen-Barkley-Rosen-Darnold-Chubb. And maybe Mayfield. That means a worse case scenario is that we get one of those 12 players

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    He was our main 1st round target his draft class but SF traded up a couple spots to scoop him. Wouldn't mind this one at all.
    It won't quote anything but I will respond with some notes anyway.

    1. I see it as 2 tiers
    Tier 1 Sign Richburg and LB
    Tier 2 Ngata, Brown, Glennon

    Love your notes on Reid
    It does look like Strief is considering retirement. I wonder about a year in Cincy in front of his hometown fans would entice him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •