Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency, Cuts, Targets

Cardinals signing Glennon. He can either go out there and compete or come back here I would guess. Might be better hiding for a year and taking another shot next year.

What would aj get here though? Like 3-4m?

As good as that is for a backup qb I’d rather use that money elsewhere and draft our next backup qb.

I’d rather have McCarron than Driskel back there in case anything were to happen. We know he gives this team a fighting chance. Plus there is always the chance you can trade him at the deadline.

Plus I think we all know they arent going to do anything meaningful with that money outside of their own guys

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    I’d rather have McCarron than Driskel back there in case anything were to happen. We know he gives this team a fighting chance. Plus there is always the chance you can trade him at the deadline.

Plus I think we all know they arent going to do anything meaningful with that money outside of their own guys
    The team loves McCarron. If he wants to be back I would assume he is back.

Raiders might cut Crabtree. That would be an interesting guy.

I'm starting to get my hopes up a little bit on Eifert. He's such an impact guy when he's healthy. I just assumed somebody with a ton of space would make him a crazy offer. Doesn't look like he's going to get huge money.

If it's reasonable money and/or has a big chunk of the money in incentives, I'd love to have Eifert back. We're a different offense when he is out there doing his thing.

Looks like the Pats going after McCarron. I have no real idea why he would do that other than to learn from Tom. Tom rarely misses games and he's not close to retiring (that we know of).

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Looks like the Pats going after McCarron. I have no real idea why he would do that other than to learn from Tom. Tom rarely misses games and he's not close to retiring (that we know of).
    I think I would take him over Hoyer as my backup - and for the Pats right now, that’s what they have. I would expect NE to take a QB pretty early in the draft, as Brady is 40-plus now. I know he had a great year last year, but who knows if he can continue to defy the odds.

Both Brissett and Jimmy G are gone. Cupboard is bare.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    I'm starting to get my hopes up a little bit on Eifert. He's such an impact guy when he's healthy. I just assumed somebody with a ton of space would make him a crazy offer. Doesn't look like he's going to get huge money.

If it's reasonable money and/or has a big chunk of the money in incentives, I'd love to have Eifert back. We're a different offense when he is out there doing his thing.
    Right. He makes a huge difference, esp in the red zone. Haven’t heard any rumblings about him but I have this nagging suspicion that some team will give him 3 for $30m or something crazy.

Browns signing Hyde.