Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency, Cuts, Targets

Free Agency, Cuts, Targets

Cincy Jungle@CincyJungle 1h1 hour agoMore

ESPN calls Weston Richburg the free agent that the #Bengals must sign

https://t.co/t55PcfsZyp

Pretty sure Richburg missed most of last season due to a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Pretty sure Richburg missed most of last season due to a concussion.
    Better chance we can trick his brain into wanting to be a Bengal.

Quote Originally Posted by Montecore View Post
    Better chance we can trick his brain into wanting to be a Bengal.
    Yup. Just convince him the imaginary phone constantly ringing in his head is our gal Pumpkie calling him to offer more money. Then convince him the spots he's seeing are extra zeros in his contract. What could go wrong?

FWIW he missed 3 games last year before the Giants ended his season by putting him on IR in early November. He didn't agree with their decision to shut him down, probably because it meant he'd enter FA as damaged goods. Missed a total of 12 games and we all know how much the Bengals value availability over ability.

Myself, I'd rather sign Jenson, the kid who started at OC for the Ravens last year. He's nearly as good, wouldn't come with an unpredictable medical issue, and adding him weakens a division rival.

FWIW from Roto:

CSN Mid-Atlantic's Chick Hernandez reports free agent DT Chris Baker visited the Bengals on Tuesday and is "likely to end up there."

Baker was released by the Bucs two weeks ago after bombing out as a free-agent signing last offseason. The 30-year-old recorded just a half-sack across 15 games for Tampa Bay but was previously a very disruptive player in Washington. However, Baker has long faced questions about his effort.

Guessing an effort to reunite with Burney. Anyone know if he is more 3 tech or 1 tech?
    Last edited by whodeyjc; 03-07-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Also from roto:

Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports free agent DE Chris Smith "is expected to have a lot of interest" when the market opens next week.

It won't be as a starter. Smith was acquired from the Jaguars around this time last year and played 401 rotational snaps for Cincinnati last season, recording three sacks. The former fifth-rounder has 7.5 career sacks across 35 appearances. Smith tested really well athletically at the Combine in 2014.

First Bobby Hart and now Chris Baker?

Are the Bengals trying to corner the market on quitters other teams couldn't get rid of fast enough?

Even if we sign Baker I wouldn’t let that stop me from drafting Vea if he’s there and BPA.

I liked Baker a lot in Wash but he stunk up the joint in Tampa. His best work there was on Hard Knocks.

Signs 1 year $3M