Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bengals TRADE for Cordy Glenn!!

Bengals move down in first round from 12-21 and give up their 6th and get Bills' 5th.

He was the best LT available IMO.... I like him better than Nate Solder. Another UGA guy.

IMO that could put them in the cross-hairs for OL guys like Hernandez, Wynn, McGlinchey, Daniels, and DL Maurice Hurst (if healthy), even Vita Vea possibly. Also some good LBs like Rashan Evans, even an ascending guy like Vander Esch.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrid View Post
    Like this though the fall from 12 to 21 is tough.

Maybe brings McGlinchey, Daniels and Price into play and they really get aggressive in fixing the OL.
    I actually think 21 is a sweet spot in this draft for C or G without having to reach, so, that works too.

Pssst, there's already a thread!

I am mostly stunned that the team was proactive in a market where trades were going down. I genuinely figured they would be behind this curve too...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I actually think 21 is a sweet spot in this draft for C or G without having to reach, so, that works too.
    This could be a win-win. Supposedly we only had $15M to play with in FA and $11M of that is now gone. If there actually is a market for Bodine, he might not fit the budget which would bring guys like Daniels, Price, Winn, etc. into play.

Or if they sign Bodine, maybe there's not enough money for Andre Smith. Which would bring McGlinchey and Williams into play as RTs.

More

Paul Dehner Jr.

Verified account

@pauldehnerjr
    Following Following @pauldehnerjr
    More
    Bengals also move up from the sixth to the fifth round with Buffalo. So they will now have three fifth-round picks: Their own, comp from Whitworth and Bills pick.

More:

Paul Dehner Jr.

Verified account

@pauldehnerjr
    Following Following @pauldehnerjr
    More
    Guess you have your answer to if the Bengals thought there was a tackle worth taking at No. 12.
    I am SUPER pumped they won't be reaching for a T at 12 now. Or tempted to. Hobson is probably in mourning.

More
    Another thought... now that comp picks can be traded, also leverage to move up if the guy you want is there. I know... they don't do that often but they don't trade often, either.

Really excited about the trade. Who knows, maybe Fisher can still be salvaged but it looks like the Ced experiment is over. Hate to make bad first round picks but better to admit it and cut your losses than continue to struggle and try to prove yourself right.

More:

I am SUPER pumped they won't be reaching for a T at 12 now. Or tempted to. Hobson is probably in mourning.
    To me this is what makes this awesome. Seemed like a lot at first but in thinking about it I was sure we had to take one at 12. It's possible we still end up with McGlinchey at 21. If that happens its like we get McGlinchey (Cordy Glenn at 12) and McGlinchey at 21. Doesn't matter to me who we get at 21 now. It's a great deal.

Full discosure...I've never been much of a fan of Cordy Glenn but I still love this move because it saves the Bengals from stupidly reaching for an OT at #12.

Not bothered about the draft compensation cost either. In fact, the draft landscape at #21 feels like a better fit.

Awesome.