Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kneeling issue arises during Bengals’ meeting with Eric Reid

Now I remember why I usually only post articles (rather than opinions) here...

I must be doing it wrong because I never post articles. At the most I'll quote a paragraph from time to time. I figure if I'm going to waste my time happily posting on a football message board I might as well offer my own opinions.

That said, I don't have much of an opinion about players taking a knee in protest. Absolutely nothing about their actions upsets me, and I honestly can't understand why anyone, including Mike Brown, would be upset. I do respect his right to run his business in any way he sees fit, and if he can pass a rule preventing his players from expressing themselves I guess that's his right too. But because I personally can't muster up any outrage towards Reid it all seems like a very silly reason not to improve the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Bengal View Post
    Now I remember why I usually only post articles (rather than opinions) here...
    Because you don’t like having your opinion challenged?

4. Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    I must be doing it wrong because I never post articles. At the most I'll quote a paragraph from time to time. I figure if I'm going to waste my time happily posting on a football message board I might as well offer my own opinions.

That said, I don't have much of an opinion about players taking a knee in protest. Absolutely nothing about their actions upsets me, and I honestly can't understand why anyone, including Mike Brown, would be upset. I do respect his right to run his business in any way he sees fit, and if he can pass a rule preventing his players from expressing themselves I guess that's his right too. But because I personally can't muster up any outrage towards Reid it all seems like a very silly reason not to improve the team.
    Nailed it.
    ORANGE n BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post

If Eric Reid intercepted a pass and was running into the end zone and kneeled at the five to protest I would be angry. People getting in an uproar about this nonviolent protest that effects no one is such nonsense it drives me crazy.

Just don't look.