Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest Bust of All-Time?

The '99 draft QB class as a whole should really be considered a bust based on the hype surrounding Couch-McNabb-Smith-McNown. I can't remember for sure, but I feel like Culpepper at 11 was sort of out of left field and he looked to be by far and away the cream of the crop until he blew out his knee five years ago and ended his career.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by atnelson928 View Post
    The '99 draft QB class as a whole should really be considered a bust based on the hype surrounding Couch-McNabb-Smith-McNown. I can't remember for sure, but I feel like Culpepper at 11 was sort of out of left field and he looked to be by far and away the cream of the crop until he blew out his knee five years ago and ended his career.
    Well, I suppose that's the Law of Averages for ya. For all the glamor of the QB class of '83, there had to be an equally unglamorous outing somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBearsFan View Post
    Ahh, Cade McNown. I remember asking for his jersey for my birthday and being disappointed that I didn't get it. I feel lucky now. Though, if we're talking Bears busts, you can't forget Rashaan Salaam, or as my dad called him, "Fumble".
    I was gonna actually go with Enis, but when you think of RBs, Neal Anderson and obviously Payton, fans can remember...most fans don't know who Sid Luckman is, and that's all we've had haha.
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

Biggest bust of ALL time? Well, maybe, still to early to tell. Poster boy for the rookie salary problem? Definitely! Put JaMarshmallow next to Chris Johnson and you get a pretty good picture of what the league and the NFLPA need to get fixed in the next CBA. Maybe Johnson should head down to Alabama and collect about $15 Million from Russell just to even things up.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMilk View Post
    Nationally, for my generation (26 y/o) I'd say Ryan Leaf, but locally (I live in Chicago, and we've had MANY) I'm gonna go with Cade McNown, especially because of the desperate need we've had for a quarterback. I really think this franchise is STILL recovering from that.
    Ahh Cade was A HUGE bust.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

I agree with mattpett completely. Leaf was the biggest meltdown easily of all time.

Until now Leaf was the biggest bust. The thing is, Leaf at least tried to be an NFL QB. JaMarcus never even tried. He collected his big payday and then sat on the couch eating cheetos. He was the last to arrive at practice and the first to leave.

Leaf was the number 2 pick, JaMarcus was #1. I have to go with JaMarcus as the biggest bust and that really disappoints me. I thought he looked like a star coming out of college.