Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, Time to Vent

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsphd View Post
    What if the Cowboys had just kicked the ball out of bounds? Even though they were kicking from their own 15 wouldn't the ball just go over to the Titans at the Titans 35?
    No, the ball would be placed thirty yards from the spot of the kick. So, that's the Dallas 45. Better than your own 6, I guess, but I think you take your chances rather than give them the ball past midfield.

Blog Entries
    Curse of Flutie. That is all you need to know with Wade.

But the discipline problem is because Wade isn't the HC, except on paper. Hard to impose discipline when your players know it's not really you calling the shots. Dungy, Tomlin, Belichick, Shanahhan are all coaches that will bench a player for undisciplined play or lack of practice intensity no mkatter how good they are or how much they pay them. That is clearly not the case, and is the reason Parcells left them. JJ wants his big name players on field, no matter if they're screwing his team over or not.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    But the discipline problem is because Wade isn't the HC, except on paper. Hard to impose discipline when your players know it's not really you calling the shots. Dungy, Tomlin, Belichick, Shanahhan are all coaches that will bench a player for undisciplined play or lack of practice intensity no mkatter how good they are or how much they pay them. That is clearly not the case, and is the reason Parcells left them. JJ wants his big name players on field, no matter if they're screwing his team over or not.
    That's a good point. But let me just say that Garrett isn't doing much better with the offense. He still abandons the run way too much. All game I heard that Dallas was going to work on wearing down the Titans D. Hard to do that when you don't run the ball.

Blog Entries
    They need a hard nose, close lipped* HC. Shanahan would have worked well for them, I think. But it seems JJ doesn't want one of those.

* Or loud mouthed like Jimmy Johnson, but I'm not sure how that personality would work in this world of instant communication.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

All I want for Christmas is Bill Cowher.

Blog Entries
    Focusing on the task at hand, Dallas has to answer the bell at Minnesota. This is a perfect bouce back game. Avenge the playoff loss from last year, and take advantage of a Vikings team that's down. The protection problems Minnesota showed last night have to encourage the 'Boys. The Vikes stunk it up after having a bye week, which is a bad sign. Dallas needs to show some killer instinct, not to mention it would help my Packers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    Focusing on the task at hand, Dallas has to answer the bell at Minnesota. This is a perfect bouce back game. Avenge the playoff loss from last year, and take advantage of a Vikings team that's down. The protection problems Minnesota showed last night have to encourage the 'Boys. The Vikes stunk it up after having a bye week, which is a bad sign. Dallas needs to show some killer instinct, not to mention it would help my Packers.
    This game will be like watching a train wreck.

-A desperate Dallas team playing in the loud Metrodome.... mistakes will happen on the OL, even without Flozell..
    -Favre seeing De Marcus Ware rumbling down on him, will just throw jump balls hoping Moss will come down with it.
    -The Vikings have a hole in their secondary after loosing Griffin. A lot of yardage by Romo. Not sure if he'll score points though.

I think the Cowboys are better on the road than at home though. The large HD screen has them camera shy....
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    Dallas needs to show some killer instinct, not to mention it would help my Packers.
    When I started reading your response, I was waiting on this part.
    If Dallas loses this game, they will have no shot at the playoffs this year. Their schedule is just to brutal. A win here could help gain some confidence, but that is what I thought after the Houston game. I don't want to give up on them this year, but there are only so many games that I can watch them get 10-12 drive killing penalties. Or helping sustain drives for the opponent O. This might be one of the more unenjoyable seasons that I can remember being a Cowboys fan. They have all the talent to get to the Super Bowl and are performing way below expectations right now. At least the 1-15 season in 1989 was expected and you could count on them losing instead of expecting them to win only to watch the train wreck every Sunday.

Blog Entries
    It's an interesting matchup of two teams that are struggling. Both teams have offensive lines that are not performing. The only difference is we knew going in that the Cowboys had potential problems. More was expected of the Vikings line, no one was predicting Loadholt regressing, or the instability at right guard and center. I think the Cowboys can get this done, the Vikings are hurting on the back end, and the Jets showed you can run the ball on them. They need to protect Romo and let him work on Lito Sheppard, who'll be replacing Griffin with Cook the rook being out. Brett's arm is not going to get better in a week, and it's time for the 'Boys to make a move.

Who knew we'd have a playoff game in week 6. While it's mathematically possible for the loser of this game to still make the playoffs, seems like it's gonna be a tough hole to crawl out of. That said, this is a wacky season in the NFL, so I guess you can ignore what I just said.