Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, Time to Vent

OK, Time to Vent

Wade Phillips is done. He cannot keep this team focused enough to win football games. Good thing they have all this talent because most teams would not have been in that game yesterday with all those penalties. Seriously, you just had a bye week to get ready for this game. How in the hell do you have a bye week and not be focused and prepared for them. They made V Young look like P Manning in the first half. They can't disguise their blitzes, my 2 year old could pick those blitzes up.

I have been backing Phillips because I thought he could put the D over the top. Which he has done a good job for the most part. But he is the overall HC and for the team to keep racking up penalties like that is ridiculous. What sucks is that I don't think Dallas will be able to get another HC in that will demand discipline because those types of personalities will never bow down to JJ.

Now for Romo. Where the hell were some of those passes going. You are lucky you didn't end up with 6 int's in that game. You can definately tell when he is in the game and when he isn't. He wasn't in it passionately yesterday. Sure he had big numbers, but he got away with some throws for sure. The M. Austin touchdown was an incredible play by Austin and a bad throw by Romo. This guy is great when he is in the game and we need him to focus every week and stay in it because when I see him with a numb look on his face, I know something bad is going to happen. I had no confidence in that last drive and it turned out the way I expected after seeing his body language.

New Coach=New Attitude=Less Penalties=Wins

Blog Entries
    I don't think you can blame the head coach for dumb penalties like the 3 PIs on the first drive. All three of them were blatant and easy, good, calls. That's not on Wade. You can call a coach out for dumb personal fouls, things like that, but most of the Cowboy penalties in the games in the games I've seen this year have been players making bad on the field decisions. Call Wade out for strategy, or playcalling, sure. But, it's not on him that a DB grabs a guys shirt, or an olineman tackles someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I don't think you can blame the head coach for dumb penalties like the 3 PIs on the first drive. All three of them were blatant and easy, good, calls. That's not on Wade. You can call a coach out for dumb personal fouls, things like that, but most of the Cowboy penalties in the games in the games I've seen this year have been players making bad on the field decisions. Call Wade out for strategy, or playcalling, sure. But, it's not on him that a DB grabs a guys shirt, or an olineman tackles someone.
    I have to disagree with you on that. It is the coach's responsibility to have accountability and have his team prepared to play. I have heard to many times about how Wade takes a laid back approach to practice and how he handles his players. He can not conitnue to not hold players accountable for making stupid penalties. It is the coach's responsibility to get the most out of their players and to make sure the players perfect their skills on the field. It is no conincidence that the Cowboys were the second highest penalized team in the NFL since 2008, only one penalty behind the Raiders. Who has been the head coach since then. So to say that the coach can not dictate how the players play on the field is wrong. The coach has to prepare the player properly during the week and that is not happening in Dallas right now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by DemCowboys View Post
    I have to disagree with you on that. It is the coach's responsibility to have accountability and have his team prepared to play. I have heard to many times about how Wade takes a laid back approach to practice and how he handles his players. He can not conitnue to not hold players accountable for making stupid penalties. It is the coach's responsibility to get the most out of their players and to make sure the players perfect their skills on the field. It is no conincidence that the Cowboys were the second highest penalized team in the NFL since 2008, only one penalty behind the Raiders. Who has been the head coach since then. So to say that the coach can not dictate how the players play on the field is wrong. The coach has to prepare the player properly during the week and that is not happening in Dallas right now.
    I guess you're saying that Green Bay's HC Mike McCarthy should be fired as well, since his team committed 18 penalties vs Chicago and lost, then committed 9 penalties vs Washington and lost.
    Coaches work every practice at perfecting players skills, but that doesn't always translate to the games. Players have to be able to adapt to game speed (you don't get that in practice) without committing penalties. Some players don't or can't make that adjustment very well.

Well, I don't know if it can all be boiled down to the penalties, but the constant overall under-performance of the Cowboys has to have a reason. At this point, it's clear the team will never win a Super Bowl with Wade as the HC and Romo as the QB. If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd want Wade out.

And as Packers fan, I am actually a little annoyed at McCarthy for the Packers' ridiculous number of penalties season after season. Not founding-FireMcCarthy.com-annoyed, but a little annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by footballgal View Post
    And as Packers fan, I am actually a little annoyed at McCarthy for the Packers' ridiculous number of penalties season after season. Not founding-FireMcCarthy.com-annoyed, but a little annoyed.
    If the trend continues, I think you will feel like I do.

Turk - I don't know what Green Bay's penalty count is for the last few years, but I was really disturbed by the graphic shown during the Boys/Titans game that the Boys had the 2nd most since 2008, along with a penalty every time the Boys started to get some momentum. I have backed Wade because I thought he was doing a great job with the D, while Garrett was trying to figure out the O's problems. I still think he does a great job with the D, but the overall performance and stupid penalties the team creates are just too much for me. Regardless, we all know if the Cowboys don't turn this around real soon, we all know Wade will be fired.

7. Quote Originally Posted by DemCowboys View Post
    If the trend continues, I think you will feel like I do.

Turk - I don't know what Green Bay's penalty count is for the last few years, but I was really disturbed by the graphic shown during the Boys/Titans game that the Boys had the 2nd most since 2008, along with a penalty every time the Boys started to get some momentum. I have backed Wade because I thought he was doing a great job with the D, while Garrett was trying to figure out the O's problems. I still think he does a great job with the D, but the overall performance and stupid penalties the team creates are just too much for me. Regardless, we all know if the Cowboys don't turn this around real soon, we all know Wade will be fired.
    I hope that the Cowboys clean up their act. I'm a fan of Wade's since I coached with him in Buffalo. But you are right, if things don't change, Wade will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by footballgal View Post
    Well, I don't know if it can all be boiled down to the penalties, but the constant overall under-performance of the Cowboys has to have a reason. At this point, it's clear the team will never win a Super Bowl with Wade as the HC and Romo as the QB. If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd want Wade out.

Let me preface this with I feel like we deserved the loss yesterday. Our offense simply didn't execute. I agree the play calling needs to get better.

That said, I think we get called for a lot of penalties because we have a reputation for undisciplined play. It's like a snowball rolling down hill. Refs watch us like a hawk and go out of their way to look for penalties against us, even if there shouldn't be. The Desmond Bishop PI penalty where he and the receiver tripped over each other is a perfect example.

I would like to see some consistency in the penalty calling against other teams. It's absolute nonsense that we seem to get called out all the time but our opponents do not. For example, Clay Matthews was obviously held in the end zone on the first play after we failed to convert the 4th down for a TD. I don't know how it could be more obvious, but it wasn't called. Should have been a safety with GB getting the ball in excellent field position to put the game away early. I can't tell you the number of times he was held in that Chicago game too. Their offensive line is worse than ours, yet not once was it called.

Also, this is twice now Rodgers has taken a helmet to helmet hit and it doesn't get called. Frank Zombo laid a similar hit on Jay Cutler which cost us 15 yards and an interception. The same should have been given to us, but again, it wasn't. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a fair amount of consistency in the penalty calling. It's complete and total bull**** that we always seem to be on the short end.

What if the Cowboys had just kicked the ball out of bounds? Even though they were kicking from their own 15 wouldn't the ball just go over to the Titans at the Titans 35?

Quote Originally Posted by DemCowboys View Post
    New Coach=New Attitude=Less Penalties=Wins
    Transitive property of suck to no longer suck? I swear this is not a Brett Favre joke.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.