Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK, Time to Vent

Blog Entries
    Dallas schedule was brutal at the start of the season. Looking at it when 1-4 makes me shudder.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    I think the Cowboys can get this done, the Vikings are hurting on the back end, and the Jets showed you can run the ball on them.
    Can someone please send the memo to Garrett to at least try and run the ball.

Blog Entries
    Ya' know, throw off the bootleg, or the slant or some other short pass on first down to try to get five or more yards, then run the ball. I guess it is easier said than done. This season though it seems like teams are running more and more packages onto the field, trying to expose each other, out-scheme each other. At some point in football, it has to be about manning up and beating the guy who's right across the line from you. Trickeration is great, throwing a ton is exciting. But if you can pound it, then you need to.

Draw fakes and quick passes are the bread and butter of the passing game for Dallas. We are not typically a vertical team by nature. Having Romo operate in 3/4-wide sets and out of the shotgun is not their strength. The Cowboys are at their best when the running game sets up short and intermediate passing lanes and we can get guys the ball in space. They illustrated their ability to score by using that gameplan against Houston and Tennessee both, and I expect the trend to continue going forward. Where the major problem lies is in the penalties and total lack of discipline. I think much of it refers back to the comments several Cowboys players made a few weeks ago about poor practice habits and a lack of leadership on the team. Someone needs to step up and motivate these guys because it seems they are often getting wrapped up in the hype of being the Cowboys and failing to execute even basic fundamentals on the field.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
    Someone needs to step up and motivate these guys because it seems they are often getting wrapped up in the hype of being the Cowboys and failing to execute even basic fundamentals on the field.
    Maybe Flozell was a vocal leader, and they're missing him. Somebody in the OL needs to step up there. It's not going to be one of the receivers...

Somebody has to slap the silly out of the CBs. It's not that guy who pretends he's Ray Lewis with his pre game shouts. Doesn't have the flow to really be the Leader.

On a positive note, Roy Williams has looked good....
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Bye, Bye Wade, hopefully Garrett will follow you out the door.