Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Offseason, the sequel

lol, so glad Adam is no longer on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    lol, so glad Adam is no longer on this team.
    That fight was crazy. In a flipping airport. C'mon Adam. I'm so happy he's not a Bengal anymore

2018 Bengals Draft Class Highlights
    With the first preseason game at home against the Chicago Bears on Thursday, Aug. 9 (7 p.m.) less than a month away, the 2018 draft class is preparing to make their Bengals debut. Here's an overview of the 11 players selected in this year's draft.

Training Camp Flashback: 2013 Hard Knocks
    Bengals fans will get their first chance to see this year’s team up close when Bengals Training Camp, presented by Fifth Third Bank, kicks off on Thursday, July 26. Thirteen practices will be open to the public, including an evening practice on Friday, Aug. 3 and Family Day on Saturday, Aug. 4. All practices are free and offer fans the opportunity to obtain player autographs after practice.

Ex-Bengals CB Pacman Jones attacked by employee at airport
    Atlanta Police spokesman Jarius Daugherty says Jones confronted ABM Industries employee Frank Ragin after Ragin made a "gesture" toward the football player Tuesday night at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Police say words were exchanged before Ragin struck Jones with a closed fist, causing a cut to Jones' face.

The No. 5 Bengals play in last 30 years: Jerome Simpson’s flip
    The 2011 season was an unexpected one of sorts for the Cincinnati Bengals following the nadir of the Marvin Lewis era with a 4-12 campaign in 2010, the tumultuous departure of Carson Palmerand a lockout that essentially wiped out the offseason. But two rookies, Andy Dalton and A.J. Green, got the team back on track and as they hosted the Arizona Cardinals on Christmas Eve the team was 8-6 and fighting for playoff berth.

Cincinnati Bengals: Best running backs in team history, No. 3
    The Cincinnati Bengals are still a bit away from training camp starting, but it’s at least getting closer. Still, fans and players alike are weathering the offseason, getting ready for a new campaign. In the interim, we’ve been looking at past greats of the Bengals franchise since 1968. That started with the quarterbacks, and we’ve since moved to the guys behind them carrying the pigskin.

Bengals 53-Man Roster Projections: Safeties
    We’re almost done with our roster projections, with the safeties wrapping up our defensive projections. Although training camp hasn’t quite started yet, the roster is clearly taking form. The Bengals haven’t seen much change at the safety position in the last few years. The mainstays have been some of the most reliable players on the team. However, there should be some strong competition for the spots behind the starters.

PACMAN JONES ATLANTA AIRPORT FIGHT: Worker suspended after fistfight with NFL star inside busy Atlanta airport
    Former Cincinnati Bengals star Adam "Pacman" Jones was invovled in a brawl at the airport in Atlanta on Tuesday night, Atlanta police confirmed. Atlanta police said they responded to a fight call on Concourse B near Gate B6 at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport around 10 p.m. Tuesday.

Roster Projection:Safeties- I agree Iloka, Williams, and Bates are locks despite both veterans having poor seasons. Would add Fejedelem as a near lock due to his special teams ability. Disagree Josh Shaw should win a spot over Brandon Wilson. Shaw's ability to play CB was an asset in the past but by seasons end Keivarie Russell had earned a spot in the rotation and the Bengals will want to find spots for the two rookie corners. Judged soley as a safety Shaw probably has an edge over Wilson due to experience but Wilson gives them more on special teams. I think it'll be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincity View Post
    That fight was crazy. In a flipping airport. C'mon Adam. I'm so happy he's not a Bengal anymore
    I'm not an Adam Jones fan, but it sounds like he wasn't the instigator this time. The airport employee (at least, the latest I'd read) was actually charged in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Roster Projection:Safeties- I agree Iloka, Williams, and Bates are locks despite both veterans having poor seasons. Would add Fejedelem as a near lock due to his special teams ability. Disagree Josh Shaw should win a spot over Brandon Wilson. Shaw's ability to play CB was an asset in the past but by seasons end Keivarie Russell had earned a spot in the rotation and the Bengals will want to find spots for the two rookie corners. Judged soley as a safety Shaw probably has an edge over Wilson due to experience but Wilson gives them more on special teams. I think it'll be enough.
    I thought both struggled a bit, but Iloka in particular. I agree that Shaw is on thin ice - I like Fedj and I could definitely see Brandon Wilson getting some playing time also, now that he's had a full off-season. He's a tremendous athlete.

Injuries notwithstanding, I look for Bates to play a fair amount. They need speed and ball skills in the back end, and he has that.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I'm not an Adam Jones fan, but it sounds like he wasn't the instigator this time. The airport employee (at least, the latest I'd read) was actually charged in this instance.
    The other dude got the charge, but it feels like semantics. Adam has never in his life learned to just walk away. It took two to escalate that into fists, and Adam is a big enough of a wang to throw gasoline on any fire he sees.

New Coaches Overview for 2018
    The 2018 season will feature several new coaches on the Bengals sideline. The seven new coaches include first-year defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and first full-year offensive coordinator Bill Lazor.

Ex-Bengals CB Adam 'Pacman' Jones fights off Atlanta airport employee
    The fight left Jones, who is currently a free agent, with a laceration on his face and resulted in the arrest of airport employee Frank Ragin, who "was determined to be the primary aggressor," according to an incident summary report from the Atlanta Police Department.

Buying or selling key Bengals as fantasy football studs in 2018
    With fantasy football mock drafts right around the corner, now would be a good time to take a step back and examine the Cincinnati Bengals. These Bengals have droves of talent at skill positions, yet make for a risky proposition for fantasy owners because of how quickly things can spiral out of control like they did a year ago.

AJ Green is Close to Breaking Multiple Bengals Records
    Ever since he first took the field as a Bengals player, AJ Green has been an absolute stud. After putting up 1,057 yards and 7 touchdowns his rookie season, Green has solidified himself as one of the NFL’s elite wide receivers. Since that classification is no longer in doubt, he can now set his sights higher. This season, Green has the chance to become the Bengals’ all-time leading receiver in several categories, surpassing Chad Johnson.

The 3 riskiest players on the Bengals in 2018
    While the front office has turned down the outright character risks it liked to take in the past, the foundation for success for these Bengals still rests in risky players of a different variety.

Bengals vs. Cowboys preseason Week 2 gets NFL Network treatment
    A reunion of sorts with former offensive line coach Paul Alexander will be nationally televised for the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 2 of the preseason.The away game against the Dallas Cowboys, slated for a 7 p.m. ET kickoff, is one of several live preseason games carried by NFL Network

Bengals could have one of NFL’s best position battles at DE
    The Cincinnati Bengals have several positions sure to put on interesting roster battles in training camp. Running back and wide receiver look deep as usual. The coaches will have some tough decisions to make in the secondary, as well.