Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason, the sequel

Offseason, the sequel

A.J. Green senses new 'vibe' from Bengals, retained coach Marvin Lewis
    Three years after making a major dietary change, A.J. Green feels so strongly about the supplement he now uses (Rockin' Protein) that the star Bengals wide receiver has become a company spokesman. "Unlike other (products), this doesn't give you a real full feeling," Green told Sporting News during a telephone interview Tuesday. "It tastes great and sits well in my stomach."

Cincinnati Bengals draft pick Brown eager to return to dominance
    Four years later, coming out of the University of Virginia, Brown saw 157 players drafted ahead of him before the Cincinnati Bengals selected the defensive tackle with their second of three picks in the fifth round. “Everybody was saying I was a bust, and I wasn’t doing anything in college,” Brown said. “There were all sorts of things, calling me soft. Just for me to get drafted, period, is a blessing.”

Stripe Hype mailbag: Post Bengals draft
    The 2018 NFL Draft concluded on Saturday afternoon, and the Cincinnati Bengals now have their rookie class. After their 11 selections and 12 undrafted rookie free agent signings, we now have a better look at what the Bengals roster is going to look like this season. All of the debates on what the Bengals will or should do are now over, and we can discuss how they will do in 2018.

Peter King thinks the Bengals made a mistake in round one
    During this offseason, there was plenty of debates to be had regarding the Cincinnati Bengals as they came off their second losing season in a row. Following the team retaining head coach Marvin Lewis, that became the most significant upset for fans. One of the most significant debates leading this offseason was whether or not the Bengals should draft Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson.

Special teams sea change
    The Bengals are bracing for major revisions in their special teams playbook as Darrin Simmons emerged from the NFL’s safety summit Wednesday pleased with how the league responded to the coaches’ proposal to make the kickoff safer with massive changes. Things are moving faster than Clayton Fejedelem, the Bengals’ special teams Pro Bowl alternate last season with 15 tackles. The owners could approve the new kickoff at their meeting later this month.

New Turf Being Installed at Paul Brown Stadium
    The Bengals have selected The Motz Group, headquartered in Cincinnati, along with turf manufacturing partner Shaw Sports Turf to install the top-of-the-line synthetic turf system. "We looked across the industry and were happy to find the best company to install the Bengals' new field right here in our own backyard," said Bob Bedinghaus, Bengals Director of Business Development. "The Motz Group is a proven synthetic turf provider and we look forward to working with them on this project."

Significant debate? I can't speak for others but I haven't shed a tear or wasted a single keystroke wondering about Lamar Jackson in stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Significant debate? I can't speak for others but I haven't shed a tear or wasted a single keystroke wondering about Lamar Jackson in stripes.
    I had no idea that was a thing... To be fair, though, Jackson is probably the only quarterback capable of surviving behind our line if we didn’t pick a Center.

Yes Lamar is much ado about not a lot. But I’m excited about Brown, the DT from VA. Might be a really nice find.

Bengals players express excitement for rookie class
    This is the third week of Cincinnati Bengals voluntary workouts, and while the rookie class is not there, Bengals players are already talking about their excitement to have them on the team. The rookies will be allowed to report to the facilities on May 10th, one day before rookie minicamps which are from May 11-13th. They will not be working with the veterans until the first OTA practices which are from May 22-24.

Cincinnati Bengals will not pick up fifth-year option on Ogbuehi
    Unless the team signs Ogbuehi to an extension, he will be an unrestricted free agent in March 2019. The fifth-year option is only available for first-round picks. The Bengals exercised the option on A.J. Green for 2015, Dre Kirkpatrick and Kevin Zeitler for 2016, Tyler Eifert for 2017 and Darqueze Dennard for 2018. Barring injury this year, it seems certain they will pick up the option for 2016 first-round pick William Jackson next spring.

CINCINNATI BENGALS DRAFT ANALYSIS
    The Bengals used two of their first three picks on former Buckeyes and got decent value with both. All along I believed Billy Price was going to get picked in the first round, although I did think he would go at #30 to Minnesota. He is the best center, he has versatility with his experience at guard and that means something. NFL rosters are tight, and with Price you get a starting center and a backup guard.

NFL safety summit: Bengals Monday Night Football hits used as example
    George Iloka was willing to wait, to see some video and hear the explanation of the National Football League’s newest initiative to take the helmet out of the game. He doesn’t have to wait anymore.

Bengals players express excitement for rookie class
    This is the third week of Cincinnati Bengals voluntary workouts, and while the rookie class is not there, Bengals players are already talking about their excitement to have them on the team. The rookies will be allowed to report to the facilities on May 10th, one day before rookie minicamps which are from May 11-13th. They will not be working with the veterans until the first OTA practices which are from May 22-24.

Cincinnati Bengals will not pick up fifth-year option on Ogbuehi
    Unless the team signs Ogbuehi to an extension, he will be an unrestricted free agent in March 2019. The fifth-year option is only available for first-round picks. The Bengals exercised the option on A.J. Green for 2015, Dre Kirkpatrick and Kevin Zeitler for 2016, Tyler Eifert for 2017 and Darqueze Dennard for 2018. Barring injury this year, it seems certain they will pick up the option for 2016 first-round pick William Jackson next spring.

CINCINNATI BENGALS DRAFT ANALYSIS
    The Bengals used two of their first three picks on former Buckeyes and got decent value with both. All along I believed Billy Price was going to get picked in the first round, although I did think he would go at #30 to Minnesota. He is the best center, he has versatility with his experience at guard and that means something. NFL rosters are tight, and with Price you get a starting center and a backup guard.

NFL safety summit: Bengals Monday Night Football hits used as example
    George Iloka was willing to wait, to see some video and hear the explanation of the National Football League’s newest initiative to take the helmet out of the game. He doesn’t have to wait anymore.

if you don't like Alan Cutler, you're in luck. He retired this weekend.

Boling: "There's a lot of moving parts right now"Posted May 1, 2018
    G Clint Boling speaks to the media in the Bengals locker room on April 30, 2018.

New Turf Field Project Underway

Posted May 4, 2018
    Bengals.com's Marisa Contipelli brings you the latest on the synthetic turf field installation at Paul Brown Stadium.