Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Eric Reid files Grievance against NFL, Bengals related

  1. #1

    Eric Reid visiting

    Per Enquirer

  2. #2
    Dehner


    Remember, #Bengals were aggressive chasing after Kurt Coleman early on. Now the market has come way down to them. Guys like Eric Reid and Tre Boston are great value at position they're interested in.

  3. Cool. Always liked Reid and am surprised he's still available, probably because of his politics. Would be a great classic Bengals signing - cheap vet that plays above his contract.
    ORANGE n BLACK

  4. #4
    Yes please.

  5. #5
    The 49ers cutting ties with Reid because he protested police violence against blacks would be one of the dumber things any team has done in years. If the Bengals can benefit from another teams stupidity I'd be all for it.

    That said I'm not expecting anything to get done until after the draft.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    The 49ers cutting ties with Reid because he protested police violence against blacks would be one of the dumber things any team has done in years. If the Bengals can benefit from another teams stupidity I'd be all for it.

    That said I'm not expecting anything to get done until after the draft.

    On the contrary. I think it benefits both sides to get something done before the draft.

  7. #7
    Wonder if them looking for a starting safety would have anything to do with maybe using Shawn Williams as a Deandre Levy style LB during Burfict’s suspension?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Wonder if them looking for a starting safety would have anything to do with maybe using Shawn Williams as a Deandre Levy style LB during Burfict’s suspension?
    FWIW Reid filled in at LB when injuries hit the 49ers last season. Bengals would have three interchangeable safeties who can fill in at LB.

    I've read the 49ers have a fairly rich 1-year deal on the table crafted to scare most bidders off. Thus, almost no interest in Reid to date. No surprise Reid wants big money and a multi-year deal.

    I can't see the Bengals offering what Reid wants most, a big dollar long term deal, and I have a hard time envisioning them bettering the rumored deal already on the table from the 49ers. Also,Tobin has already said they're going to wait before cutting veterans and freeing up money.

    But one of the primary reasons I think they'll wait....immediately after the draft Reid could lose considerable contract leverage, and probably a standing offer, if the 49ers pull the trigger on Minkah or Derwin. If they rescind their rumored offer to Reid the Bengals could find themselves in a less expensive bidding war a few weeks from now.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    FWIW Reid filled in at LB when injuries hit the 49ers last season. Bengals would have three interchangeable safeties who can fill in at LB.

    I've read the 49ers have a fairly rich 1-year deal on the table crafted to scare most bidders off. Thus, almost no interest in Reid to date. No surprise Reid wants big money and a multi-year deal.

    I can't see the Bengals offering what Reid wants most, a big dollar long term deal, and I have a hard time envisioning them bettering the rumored deal already on the table from the 49ers. Also,Tobin has already said they're going to wait before cutting veterans and freeing up money.

    But one of the primary reasons I think they'll wait....immediately after the draft Reid could lose considerable contract leverage, and probably a standing offer, if the 49ers pull the trigger on Minkah or Derwin. If they rescind their rumored offer to Reid the Bengals could find themselves in a less expensive bidding war a few weeks from now.
    Yep, Reid wants a longer deal and guaranteed $. He's had some injury issues, including some concussions but when healthy he's a heckuva player. Tough guy, too. Supposedly he had a knee injury playing in the last game last year, and even entering free agency he could have made a "business decision" but he went back in the game.

    He's better than either Iloka or Williams and if they cut ties with either guy to sign Reid, I'm on board. That said, could also see Williams kept around and playing some LB snaps if needed in a pinch (or in certain packages), a la Deon Bucannon. His brother is coming out in this draft (safety at Stanford) and he's good, too. Interestingly, Eric Reid got into Stanford as well, but chose to go to LSU.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    The 49ers cutting ties with Reid because he protested police violence against blacks would be one of the dumber things any team has done in years. If the Bengals can benefit from another teams stupidity I'd be all for it.

    That said I'm not expecting anything to get done until after the draft.
    This is what Hobson is saying. Nice to see them being aggressive, though. Probably shifted once they saw McCarron wasn't getting nearly as much as they thought he would and the compensatory pick wasn't going to be a 3rd.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •