Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mandatory Minicamp Started Monday

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    What is there to be nervous about? Worst case scenario is the Bengals lose the services of a player most of you didn't want back in the first place. All they've risked is some money they probably wouldn't have spent otherwise.

Slightly off topic....

I'm looking at the Jake Fisher story a bit differently this morning. Woke up this morning with my body covered in strange markings and globs of glue-like gel that kept the sensors attached while I had emergency heart surgery. Oh, and most of my pubes are missing.

I'll spare everyone the personal details but suffice to say I'd feel remiss if I didn't pass along a warning to get life screening tests. My soon to be fired ex-doctor never performed the tests and after misdiagnosing my symptoms spent two years treating for the wrong things. Got to admit I'm a little bit angry about the mistake, but mostly I'm feeling lucky. I'm fine.

Point being, don't wait for your doctor because he or she may be an idiot. Ask for the test.
    Glad to hear you are ok. Scary stuff. Hopefully you heal up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    What is there to be nervous about? Worst case scenario is the Bengals lose the services of a player most of you didn't want back in the first place. All they've risked is some money they probably wouldn't have spent otherwise.

Slightly off topic....

I'm looking at the Jake Fisher story a bit differently this morning. Woke up this morning with my body covered in strange markings and globs of glue-like gel that kept the sensors attached while I had emergency heart surgery. Oh, and most of my pubes are missing.

I'll spare everyone the personal details but suffice to say I'd feel remiss if I didn't pass along a warning to get life screening tests. My soon to be fired ex-doctor never performed the tests and after misdiagnosing my symptoms spent two years treating for the wrong things. Got to admit I'm a little bit angry about the mistake, but mostly I'm feeling lucky. I'm fine.

Point being, don't wait for your doctor because he or she may be an idiot. Ask for the test.
    TMI. Big time.

But I hope all goes well.

Glad you are ok, Hair. Find an attorney maybe, too.

Also, I am gonna go ahead and assume at best Eifert is "questionable" already for week 1. I actually expect quickly that the story as camp gets here is the possibility of him going on PUP and we not having him until mid-season...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Glad you are ok, Hair. Find an attorney maybe, too.
    Not my style. I don't need money and I certainly don't need the aggravation of constantly reliving what could have been. Just going to write it off as an honest mistake while I look for a new doctor.

I rarely discuss personal stuff on message boards but about two years ago I mentioned how I was going to take a hiatus from posting because I was having difficulty reading and was falling down all the time. A couple of posters mentioned how they or their friends were having the same issues. When my symptoms improved a couple of months later I quickly forgot about it and resumed posting as normal. Obviously that all changed a few days ago. I only mentioned what happened to me in the hopes that it might help somebody else....keep their pubes.

My good deed is done. I apologize for the interruption. Back to football.

Take care HOF- thanks for the warning, and more importantly, glad you are getting the care required.

Like everyone, I’d love to have a healthy Eifert - as we know, he can be the difference-maker in this offense. That said, where my early camp attention will be is on the OL. You have Fisher coming back slowly, a now-healthy Glenn coming back off of an injury-riddled year, and Price, who hasn’t been cleared for contact yet. That’s 3 pencilled-in starters who are learning new techniques, with a new coach.

Not to mention: Bobby Hart, who is new to the team after washing out in NY; Ced Ogbuehi basically sucking; inexperienced Gs vying for playing time in Redmond and Westerman; and a couple of “just a guys” in TJ Johnson and Tre Hopkins. I’m hopeful for the OL progress, but that’s a whole lot to contend with.

I do think Mixon can take a big step in 2018 and with Gio back a year plus from the ACL tear, the RBs are a strength on the team... and I feel pretty good about the WR and TE spots, even without Eifert.
    Last edited by texbengal; 06-17-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    That said, where my early camp attention will be is on the OL. You have Fisher coming back slowly, a now-healthy Glenn coming back off of an injury-riddled year, and Price, who hasn’t been cleared for contact yet. That’s 3 pencilled-in starters who are learning new techniques, with a new coach.
    It's 3 penciled in starters coming off injury and a hole at ORG that wasn't addressed at all. Toss in the uncertainty surrounding Eiferet and it's no small wonder Vegas isn't buying the scratched and dented car the Bengals are selling. That said, the potential for immediate improvement is considerable if the Bengals medical staff knows what they're doing.

5 takeaways from Bengals minicamp as we head into summer break

A look back at the biggest stories to come out of OTAs as the Bengals hit their summer break.

By Jason Marcum@marcum89 Jun 18, 2018, 7:00am EDT

Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports

Minicamp is now completed for the Bengals, who by all accounts have had a very productive slate of OTAs this offseason.

Since the team first began these workouts in April, we’ve heard mostly great things about the team from players, coaches and media alike. Minicamp was mostly just more confirmation of the good vibes we’ve been getting for the past two months.

Now, it’s time for a recap of the five biggest takeaways from Bengals minicamp.

William Jackson
    ’s ascension continues

The NFL may be sleeping on William Jackson, but those around Cincinnati know he has the potential to become a superstar. He already played at a
    high level in his first year as a starter in 2017. All indications have been Jackson has only improved this offseason and is ready for a bigger step in

It certainly helps that Jackson has spent most of the offseason going head to head with A.J. Green, one of the 2-3 best receivers in football. If
    Jackson manages to improve upon his breakout 2017 season, he could wind up being the Bengals’ best player in 2018, and that’s saying something
    with a roster that has Green and Geno Atkins.

RELATED

A.J. Green wants to reach the century mark in TDs with the Bengals

5 things we hope to see from the Bengals defense in 2018

John Ross
    getting back to form

John Ross is hoping to follow Jackson’s path of having his big breakout in Year 2 after injuries effectively ended their rookie seasons. Ross was able
    to appear in several games last year, but he was never right while recovering from shoulder surgery, only to sustain another shoulder injury during the
    season.

Now that Ross has had plenty of time to rest and recover, he’s gotten a full
    workload in OTAs, and he’s shown glimpses of the player Cincinnati thought they were getting with the ninth overall pick.

Cedric Ogbuehi
    salvaging career

One of the most consistent themes in OTAs has been the improvements of Cedric Ogbuehi. Now entering a contract year after his fifth-year option
    was declined, expect Ogbuehi to step it up a notch in 2018, and it helps that new offensive line coach Frank Pollack has provided a new and
    improved coach for this position.

Obviously, we can only take away so much from pad-less OTAs, but it has been good to hear Ogbuehi consistently drawing praise throughout the
    offseason. He probably won’t have a starting spot when Week 1 opens, but it would be great if he could become a sixth swing lineman that can play
    throughout the line.

Remember, the plan is for Ogbuehi to get a lot of work at guard in training camp, so it’s not out of the question he’s the starting right guard at some
    point.

Watch out for Auden Tate

The Bengals have been severely lacking a jump-ball receiver that consistently won one-on-one matchups since Marvin Jones left. The hope is Tate
    can become that, at least as a red-zone threat with his 6-5, 228-pound frame, and he’s been doing just that in OTAs.

Tate is still facing some tough odds of making the Week 1 roster, but a good showing in OTAs has his stock trending upward heading into training

camp.

Don’t count on Tyler Eifert

Another year, another offseason of concerns and questions with Tyler Eifert. He missed most of 2017 with knee and back injuries, though he was
    believed to be recovered from them when OTAs began. He took part in most of the sessions up until training camp, then was a mysterious absentee
    on Day 1 before missing the final two practices.

Then, Marvin Lewis refused to say if Eifert would even be ready for the first full day of camp. Perhaps Eifert was never as healthy as we thought as
    he went through pad-less OTAs, or maybe there was some kind of setback he suffered.

Whatever the case may be, the Bengals just can’t count on Eifert as anything more than a bonus if he’s able to play and be effective.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/6/18/17468754/5-takeaways-from-bengals-minicamp-as-we-head-into-summer-break