Thread: A change in offensive identity?

A change in offensive identity?

As we reach the quarter point in the season and Roethlisberger returns, I was curious to know what FPL thinks will happen to the Steelers offense. Will Bruce Arians continue to adhere to the desire of management and Tomlin to pound the ball or will we see Big Ben throwing it around the yard 40+ times per game like we saw in 2009? Obviously most teams prefer a balance, and I'm hoping that the team keeps putting Mendenhall to workwith the running game. His ability to stay healthy will be a big factor in how far the team goes this season. As for Ben, I won't be suprised if he shows a bit of rust for a quarter or a half, but once he is comfortable with live game action, there is no reasonwe can't expect the same level of effectiveness as in previous seasons.

Aside from the run versus pass question that will be asked when Ben returns this week, there are very few major question marks entering week 6 for this team. Defense is playing solid, and I'm not going to feel down on them for blowing the 4th quarter lead against baltimore. The Ravens have playmakers and they only had to start their last drive from the Steelers 40. The offensive line appears to be playing much better this season (They are still not great). Pouncey has definitely been an upgrade at center and Flozell Adams has filled in nicely for Willie Colon.
    Just call me Ott.

Blog Entries
    The team will continue to play heavily on the run. They know Big Ben can bring you back if necessary, so they'll go run, run, pass.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Pound the rock. Never Stop.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.