Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Preseason/Camp Thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    38th what?

Click the link lol. I think it was 50 interesting stories or something

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I do think they like him but given they picked Harris and Phillips in the draft, and have Russell and Shaw, you wonder where he fits.
    There's a spot for McRae if the Bengals no longer value what Shaw brings as a CB or see him more as a safety now that Iloka has been dropped. Besides, Dennard needs a backup who can play the slot and McRae is probably more ready to play than Phillips.

Myself, I look at McRae the same way I did Russell. They can't all be 1st round picks. Bengals don't have much invested in McRae but that doesn't mean he can't be developed if given time.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    There's a spot for McRae if the Bengals no longer value what Shaw brings as a CB or see him more as a safety now that Iloka has been dropped. Besides, Dennard needs a backup who can play the slot and McRae is probably more ready to play than Phillips.

Myself, I look at McRae the same way I did Russell. They can't all be 1st round picks. Bengals don't have much invested in McRae but that doesn't mean he can't be developed if given time.

I agree that Shaw is a wildcard - he's looked pretty solid in games but reportedly in practice, not so much. Plus, he's showing up as a S on the depth chart. In his press conference, Marvin pretty much stated that if you're not seeing it in practice but they're making plays in a game, that counts more. At least based on the PS games, Russell deserves a spot. Phillips probably as well, due to STs ability if nothing else. Not sure about Devontae Harris' health, so he may be IR'd. Could see McRae on the 53, as a PS guy, or even cut.

At S, Wilson, Fedj, Bates and Williams are top 4 but I'm thinking Trayvon Henderson fits in somewhere also.

Worth noting...my boy Russell has been almost perfect in coverage throughout preseason so far....but he flat wiffed on an important tackle last week.

Me and his mother are very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Click the link lol. I think it was 50 interesting stories or something
    Work internet blocks espn

Danny Kelly at the Ringer has Bengals as one of three teams that could surprise:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/8...ngals-redskins