Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Preseason/Camp Thread #2

The play's the thing as Bengals make them
    By the time Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis got his first teamers out of there after the first 12:44 of the preseason Thursday night at Paul Brown Stadium, they had 139 yards and the Bearsdidn’t have ten and for a team that got whacked by Chicago, 33-7, in this building back in December, the 30-27 win in the pre-season opener had to be a step in the right direction.

Notes: Heads up Fej; Never too late Tate
    Safety Clayton Fejedelem finished as Cincinnati’s leading rusher after going 49 yards on a fake punt. Fejedelem, punter Kevin Huber’s personal protector, took a direct snap and scampered left down the sideline. That play set up a Randy Bullock 28-yard field goal to put the Bengals ahead 17-14 midway through the second quarter.

Ross spills and thrills
    For Bengals wide receiver John Ross, the talent is always there. In a five-minute span during Thursday’s pre-season opener the Bengals won, 30-27, he showed both his remarkable ability and the inconsistency that dogged the University of Washington product last year in his first season with the Bengals.

Offense comes out clicking against Bears in 30-27 win
    It took John Ross’ 17 frustrating rookie snaps and Thursday night’s disastrous slip that turned into a Bears’ pick-six before he grabbed his first big-play NFL catch to symbolize the mastery of the Bengals offense in taking a 23-14 half-time lead in a pre-season opener they won, 30-27, on rookie wide receiver Auden Tate’s 33-yard touchdown catch with 2:04 left.

Bears vs. Bengals - Game Recap
    Working out of Cincinnati's reconfigured playbook, Dalton threw a pair of touchdown passes during a 30-27 victory over the Chicago Bears on Thursday night at half-empty Paul Brown Stadium.

Cincinnati Bengals face Chicago Bears in preseason opener
    Andy Dalton threw touchdown passes of 24 yards to running back Joe Mixon and 3 yards to wide receiver Tyler Boyd to spark the official beginning of the Bill Lazor era as offensive coordinator, and the Bengals rode the strong start to a 30-27 victory in their preseason opener against the Chicago Bears at Paul Brown Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    [FONT="]Cincy Jungle@CincyJungle 5h5 hours agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT="]#Bengals waive OL Austin Fleer and RB Ray Lawry
    [/FONT]
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Who?
    Makes me think they're making room for some new bodies, that likely also won't be names you recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Makes me think they're making room for some new bodies, that likely also won't be names you recognize.
    Guessing some D line will be added

Just now seeing the Jim O. News. What a gut punch. He was so good at interacting with the community through various platforms. A lot of good information from behind the curtain. Real bummed.

Auden is getting first team reps, I’m assuming in red zone situations. Can probably pencil him in the 53. Wonder if he makes the 45 game day.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Yep he was solid. Please, no more Joe Reedy. He was the absolute worse.
    Mark Curnutte is my low mark for Bengals coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Mark Curnutte is my low mark for Bengals coverage.

He wasn’t great, admittedly - but Reedy was way too snarky for me. And he wasn’t funny, even though he thought he was... just really annoying. I think he’s in Tallahassee now. Perfect spot for him.

Dang, and now Jay Morrison just left the Dayton Daily News.

Camp report: O-line still in flux; Eifert shines; WRs on the move
    Weather again played havoc with Saturday's last day of training camp for fans, but Bengalsoffensive line coach Frank Pollack's plans to patiently find the right five weathered the pre-season opener.

Mixon Hosts Back-to-School Shopping Spree
    Joe Mixon treated teens to a back-to-school shopping spree, including new shoes, hats, backpacks and gift cards.

Bengals notes: Barkley's stats lie; day at camp
    The Bengals’ backup quarterback may not have been performing at as low of a level as some may think.

Joe Mixon on Bengals' revamped attack: We rollin' - NFL.com
    It's easy to get caught up on Andy Dalton's ugly pick six, but the Bengals gave their fans an ounce of hope on offense in Thursday's win over the Bears. And it started with Joe Mixon and John Ross.

Must-have Cincinnati Bengals items for the 2018-19 season
    The NFL season is almost here. So before you know it, the Cincinnati Bengals will be taking the field for a game that matters. Now is the time to gear up.

Bengals’ Andrew Billings takes training camp break to graduate college
    Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Andrew Billings missed training camp Saturday for a great reason.