Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Take heart Packer fans - season isn't over yet

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    We didn't get gifted the Packers game. Holding penalties by the OL were because Peppers is a beast. The return TD was because of your special teams. The PI calls are because your DC blitz way too much, putting way too much pressure on your very good DBs. When Woodson gets a PI, it clearly is because if he didn't do that it would be a TD. Penalties don't happen in a vaccum.

The Lions game we practically gave over to the Lions with turnovers. We should have lost at the last play, I agree. But we didn't

The Packers injuries have been vicious. We can relate, given the state of our O-line this year and the loss of Urlacher last year. Or the Concussion of Cutler against the Giants, which cost us any shot at that game (the fall from Cutler to Collins is ridiculous).

Rodgers not playing is huge for you guys. I've never liked Miami, but I will be rooting for them come Sunday

The best team in The NFC is Atlanta. Their only loss was to the Steelers, in Heinz field, in OT. I don't know how this is even a question. Typical NY media hype, probably.

At the end of the day, you are what your record says.
    The Chicago game wasn't a "gift" per se, but if not for the James Jones fumble (or the fact that it somehow just died there as opposed to every other sideline fumble I've seen this season that bounced out of bounds), the Packers would have won that game.

The Bears have taken advantage of their opportunities this season and deserve to have the record they have. The Packers have not finished, and that is why they are 3-2 and on the outside looking in with respect to the playoffs.

The season isn't "over" by any stretch of the imagination but there is a tough hill to climb.

Miami at home is a game on the schedule that you have to win - but without Rodgers, Finley, Matthews, Pickett, et. al. it will be pretty tough sledding. I still think the Packers are capable of winning this game with Matt Flynn at QB - and I think it might actually have positive influence in terms of forcing Mike McCarthy to commit a little bit more to the run game. The Dolphins don't have a particularly explosive offense so I don't think they're going to blow us off the field. I think it will be another close game that the Packers will have an opportunity to win - hopefully they can take advantage of it.

If we lose this Miami game, there are stormy seas ahead. The next three games are Minnesota, the Jets, and the Cowboys, and we still have difficult road games later on at Minnesota, at Atlanta, at New England.

And we have lost two winnable games against NFC teams that could come back to bite us in terms of tiebreakers. Now, with Chicago, we do get the opportunity at the end of the season to try to get that one back. But the Washington loss could come back to haunt us.

The positives are that the NFC is completely wide open, and last season the Packers sat at 4-4 after a "sky is falling" loss to Tampa Bay and went 7-1 down the stretch. The negatives are that there are a lot of teams in the mix in the NFC, the schedule is pretty difficult, and we've lost some very significant contributors.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=GBPKS;25944 The next three games are Minnesota, the Jets, and the Cowboys, and we still have difficult road games later on at Minnesota, at Atlanta, at New England.
    [/QUOTE]

Miami: watch out for the Beast.
    Minnesotta: Favre isn't playin well, and he won't turn it around this year. Also, you lost to him twice last year, I doubt you'll loose twice to him this year.
    Jets: I expect Capers to allow the CBs to jump routes and expose Mark Sanchez for the Captain Checkdown he's become.
    Cowboys: That is a winnable game
    Atlanta: that is one tough team.
    New England: Sadly Belichick will have his young defense improving game by game by then.*

He is running a bend but don't break defense that is improving game by game (the only outlier was the jets game, were the defense got gassed because of the low of 1st dowsn by the Pats offense in the 2nd half).
    Last edited by iwatt; 10-14-2010 at 11:03 AM.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    Somebody must have got to Finley and told him they're saving a roster spot. He has now tweeted he'll be back for the playoffs. It's a meniscus, usually those can rehab more quickly than ligament tears. Quarless looked good in his absence, and Crabtree was an effective blocker. Good thing they kept four tight ends. If ARod can't go, Flynn vs. Henne is a push. Henne's been on the verge of losing his job. I give him the nod on experience, but the hame field advantage will neutralize that. The Pack must stop the run, which they're good at. They all just need to stay on the field.
    Last edited by bluestree; 10-14-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: speling

Blog Entries
    As long as the Packers contain Marshall and don't get fooled by the Wildcat, they should be able to deal with Miami. I'd say that they should readily handle the Vikings and Cowboys. The Jets might be hard, but I'll be rooting for the Pack. Even as injured as the Packers are, I think 3-1 is doable this stretch for them and 4-0 possible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    As long as the Packers contain Marshall and don't get fooled by the Wildcat, they should be able to deal with Miami. I'd say that they should readily handle the Vikings and Cowboys. The Jets might be hard, but I'll be rooting for the Pack. Even as injured as the Packers are, I think 3-1 is doable this stretch for them and 4-0 possible.
    Thanks Amy, what do you think of our chances against the Pats? lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    Thanks Amy, what do you think of our chances against the Pats? lol
    Let's see then. If you guys are healthy, even odds. Depending on how our D is by then. Healthy, the Packers are a very scary team.

Welp, Nick Barnett out for the season: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...arnetts-season

Desmond Bishop, put up or shut up!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    Welp, Nick Barnett out for the season: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...arnetts-season

Desmond Bishop, put up or shut up!
    Yep, time to back up the training camp talk. Got to wonder if this will put Nick's career on the downslide.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    Yep, time to back up the training camp talk. Got to wonder if this will put Nick's career on the downslide.
    Nah, I don't think so. It's a wrist injury, similar to Brian Urlacher's last season, not a knee injury. Shouldn't impact him at all.