Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the League 2018

Around the League 2018

Jeremy Hill tore his ACL yesterday and is done for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Jeremy Hill tore his ACL yesterday and is done for the season.
    Tough break for him. Saw the play... looked like James Develin (another former Bengal) fell on him covering a kick. Bengals’ curse.

Andre Smith getting MRI on his elbow. Has a torn tricep history I believe. Rough day for former bengals.

At least we are not Lions fans. Good lord.

Apparently Hill blocked a punt on Sunday as well. Guess he had to buy in a little bit more after being placed behind Rex on the depth chart. So cool to still see Rex doing well and mildly infuriating he couldn't get a chance here.

Anyone seeing the videos posted of Aaron Rodgers’ postgame interview? I think I buy the speculation he’s gorked up on enough painkillers to drop rhino in that segment.

Rex is a bit frustrating, but I sort of get it. He and Gio play the same role, and do you really need two of them?

Hill is too bad. He’s one of those fresh start guys who looked to be taking advantage of it. I don’t think he was ever going to succeed in Cincinnati. After that rookie year, I think there was some entitlement. He felt he deserved to be a starter... Once he went to a new team, he had to prove he deserved a shot just to stay in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by whodeyjc View Post
    Apparently Hill blocked a punt on Sunday as well. Guess he had to buy in a little bit more after being placed behind Rex on the depth chart. So cool to still see Rex doing well and mildly infuriating he couldn't get a chance here.
    Yep, to his credit, he was becoming a good ST player for them. He had a really nice preseason and it looked like he was carving out a role in the offense as well. I feel badly for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Rex is a bit frustrating, but I sort of get it. He and Gio play the same role, and do you really need two of them?

Hill is too bad. He’s one of those fresh start guys who looked to be taking advantage of it. I don’t think he was ever going to succeed in Cincinnati. After that rookie year, I think there was some entitlement. He felt he deserved to be a starter... Once he went to a new team, he had to prove he deserved a shot just to stay in the league.
    Right... I really liked Rex but he wasn’t going to beat out Gio or Mixon and he deserved to get a chance for more PT and more $ elsewhere. Good for him that he’s taking advantage of it.

He does get hurt a bit, as we saw when he was here, but I hope he has a great season in NE.

Big loss for the Falcons, Deion Jones went on IR. Already have Keanu Neal on IR. Two pro bowl defenders gone. Play Falcons week 4.