Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 5: Post Game Notes, Dolphins

Week 5: Post Game Notes, Dolphins

Much better 3rd down D this week.

Dolphins convert just 4 of 13.

Bengals D had been giving up 28.25ppg. Just 10 today.

There was a pregame stat that Bengals give up around 22ppg without Burfict. Drops to around 18 when he plays.

Goodberry

Joe Mixon has played 3 games this year. He's averaging 117 yards of total offense in those contests.

Had 25 touches, 115 yards and a TD today in his first game back.

Goodberry

With John Ross out, the combination of Alex Erickson and Josh Malone replaced him. Malone didn't see a pass. Erickson caught all 3 targets for 24 yards.

With Tyler Eifert out, Bengals tight ends saw just 3 targets today. Uzomah caught two for 43 yards as the only production from the TEs today.

Jay Morrison

Dating back to last year, the #Bengals have trailed in the fourth quarter in five of their last six wins.

Marisa Contipelli

Andy Dalton: “Whatever it takes to win... that’s the biggest thing - if you can win the 4th quarter you give yourself a chance, and we did that.” Dalton along with everyone else in the stadium could feel the momentum shift. #Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Goodberry

With John Ross out, the combination of Alex Erickson and Josh Malone replaced him. Malone didn't see a pass. Erickson caught all 3 targets for 24 yards.

With Tyler Eifert out, Bengals tight ends saw just 3 targets today. Uzomah caught two for 43 yards as the only production from the TEs today.

Erickson replaced Ross well enough. Three targets a game sounds about right.

Replacing Eifert proved much harder to do. Uzomah was fine but Kroft went out for awhile. Of note, newcomer Schreck threw a crushing block that resulted in a 1st down and then got a stupid penalty on the next play. The block was so good I barely noticed the flag. If Schreck can contribute like that he'll earn more and more playing time and a chance to show off his considerable receiving upside. IMO he can be very good...but how soon? Now?

FWIW I'm not surprised by Josh Malone's lack of targets. He's not a slot guy.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Erickson replaced Ross well enough. Three targets a game sounds about right.

Replacing Eifert proved much harder to do. Uzomah was fine but Kroft went out for awhile. Of note, newcomer Schreck threw a crushing block that resulted in a 1st down and then got a stupid penalty on the next play. The block was so good I barely noticed the flag. If Schreck can contribute like that he'll earn more and more playing time and a chance to show off his considerable receiving upside. IMO he can be very good...but how soon? Now?

FWIW I'm not surprised by Josh Malone's lack of targets. He's not a slot guy.

The loss of Ross shows up most in Boyd’s reduced stats.

Dehner

You wonder how some players will react to getting paid big $$ before a season starts. No wondering necessary with 96 and 97.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 10-07-2018 at 07:10 PM.

I could have been asking Marvin Lewis very different questions if Dalton's improv throw and Mixon comeback catch doesn't turn out so well. "I'm glad we won so I don't have to answer that."Dehner