Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 6: News from the Other Side of the Aisle, Steelers

Week 6: News from the Other Side of the Aisle, Steelers

Chris AdamskiVerified account @C_AdamskiTrib 2h2 hours agoMore

Larry "L.J." Fort earns lauds at the center of Steelers' defense http://bit.ly/2yndI7i via @TribLIVE

The Patriot-NewsVerified account @PatriotNews 4h4 hours agoMore

Steelers consider how the Cincinnati Bengals have changed

https://t.co/Yj90IFMcAM

Jeremy FowlerVerified account @JFowlerESPN 5h5 hours agoMore

OLB Bud Dupree expects Steelers-Bengals to be tightly officiated Sunday. "A lot of guys probably can’t get penalties this game because of the animosity there is between these two teams," he said. "Don’t be the instigator, just go out and play with your head above water."

Chet@ChetGresham 7h7 hours agoMore

If Austin Hooper were Travis Kelce, the Falcons likely would have put up many more points. The Steelers D is a tight end funnel right now. Uzomah next up.

Jeremy FowlerVerified account @JFowlerESPN 7h7 hours agoMore

How the Steelers defense woke up from its deep sleep, featuring a fiery early week message from Cam Heyward that the defensive backs took to heart.

https://t.co/4IKg69mMi7

Steelers are last in the league in both penalties and penalty yardage.

Ben Roethlisberger: Pain in elbow changed mechanics
    Posted by Darin Gantt on October 10, 2018, 6:17 AM EDT

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger admitted his elbow injury was changing the way he was throwing last week. So at halftime, he decided to press through the pain.

During his weekly radio appearance on 93.7 The Fan, Roethlisberger said the pain caused him to drop his elbow for his own comfort, and the results weren’t pretty. He was 9-of-17 for 95 yards in the first half, with a touchdown and an interception.

“The second half, I had a talk with myself and said I had to suck it up and deliver the ball like I need to and force my way through it,” Roethlisberger said, via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

The results were immediate, as he was 10-of-12 for 155 yards and two touchdowns in the second half.

“I was just dealing with a little bit of an elbow issue,” Roethlisberger said. “It made me drop my elbow a little bit for the comfort factor, which causes the ball to sail. . . .

“We’ve been dealing with it. It’s something I need to mentally get over in terms of my throwing motion. I’ve got to keep the arm high to keep the ball driving instead of sailing, that’s all.”

The initial injury was in the opener against Cleveland, and he missed two practices that week and hasn’t practiced on Wednesday since. While it’s good that he was able to self-diagnose and fix it, it’s also something they’ll have to monitor for the next 12 weeks, to make sure it doesn’t become a bigger issue.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ged-mechanics/

He really is an insane drama queen.

9. Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 6

Wednesday, 10/10
    QB Ben Roethlisberger (Coaches Decision) - DNP
    CB Joe Haden (Coaches Decision) - DNP
    S Terrell Edmunds (Calf) - Full
    S Morgan Burnett (Groin) - DNP
    C Maurkice Pouncey (Coaches Decision) - DNP
    LB L.J. Fort (Ankle) - DNP
    WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (Ankle) - DNP
    LB Vince Williams (Hamstring) - Full

Idiots

will graves

Talking to Bud Dupree today about returning to Cincy after the weirdness/tragicness/awfulness of last visit, he shared this: said he and Vince W weren't sure how Shazier was hurt. Thought he was hit blindside. Spent rest of 1H trying to exact revenge. Didn't see replay till half.