Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprise! Bengals can opt out of Marvin Lewis’ contract.

1. Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    I’d still rather have the benefit of being able to start the search on Jan 1st instead of two weeks later.
    What search? The next head coach is already here and you know hue, I mean, who.

Makes a partial vacuum with its mouth, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by High School Harry View Post
    What search? The next head coach is already here and you know hue, I mean, who.

Makes a partial vacuum with its mouth, it does.
    The head coach for 2019 is the only story that matters anymore. I don’t care about this season, or mock drafts, or free agency, or any of what usually pulls a fan through winter and spring.

If Marvin or Hue take the helm, it’ll be the most out of touch thing this organization has ever done, and that includes Shula. I’ll be sad to let the Bengals go (and the NFL, for that matter), because it has been a big part of my life, and I like you guys. However, I just can’t financially, or emotionally, invest in an organization who’s ceiling is Marvin or Hue... LeBeau made infinitely more sense than either of those guys, and that was a catastrophic failure.

If Marvin or Hue take the helm, it’ll be the most out of touch thing this organization has ever done, and that includes Shula.
    Agreed. It may be the end of me too, if so.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    The head coach for 2019 is the only story that matters anymore. I don’t care about this season, or mock drafts, or free agency, or any of what usually pulls a fan through winter and spring.

If Marvin or Hue take the helm, it’ll be the most out of touch thing this organization has ever done, and that includes Shula. I’ll be sad to let the Bengals go (and the NFL, for that matter), because it has been a big part of my life, and I like you guys. However, I just can’t financially, or emotionally, invest in an organization who’s ceiling is Marvin or Hue... LeBeau made infinitely more sense than either of those guys, and that was a catastrophic failure.
    I find it impossible to believe that they don't know this. But then last year happened.