Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They've broken me

Blow up the staff and maybe the roster too.

Guys I’d want to keep pretty much no matter what:
    A.J.
    Mixon
    Bates
    WJ3 probably
    Geno
    Dunlap

That’s prob it. Everyone else is expendable to me including:
    Dalton (unless the new coach wants to keep him then I am fine with it but I definitely on board with getting a new shiny toy at qb just to spark some excitement).
    Dre K- overpaid for his quality
    Burfict-shell of what he once was
    Glenn-I’d prob keep him but if we go for a full rebuild then save the 13M and use that on some young talent

I don’t even mind if we go 6-10 next year if it is during a big rebuild. 6-10 during a rebuild is way better than this years 6-10 when we have the same old coach and team.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrlnutz View Post
    I wouldn't hate Jay as much as I would hate that we didn't "burn the whole thing down" if we went with him. You know he would keep a handful of assistants and front office people.

I would let every single member of this organization that was hired under Marvin Lewis' tenure go. And if you were here before Marvin then they should already be looking for another job.

Start from scratch and let the new eyes determine who can have their job back.

I’d keep some of the coaches like Pollack, Simmons, Caskey and Burney.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Agree to disagree. Pollack hasn't done nearly enough to encourage me. Simmons is trash, I don't care how good you were 10 years ago or how consistent he is with mediocrity. Our special teams outside of the return game is HOT GARBAGE and he needs to pay. Caskey is the RBs right? and I don't know the other guy...

Suffice to say if we have new people buying the ingredients and 3 new chefs in the kitchen, I want all new line cooks as well who aren't polluted with Marvin's teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Pollack has done some good things with the least talented members of the Oline (Hopkins,Redmond,Hart) but Glenn hasn't been the world beater we hoped he'd be, 1st round pick Billy Price has been a huge disappointment if not a borderline bust, and neither Ogbuehi or Fisher improved a bit under his watch. They are what they were.

Simmons has had some good units in the past but only when he's given a handful of veterans (Peerman, Core, Erickson) who don't contribute in other ways. The moment injuries strike and he has to rely on younger less experienced players you start to see a staggering rise in penalties, blocked kicks, and blown kick coverages. Look no further than last weeks game as proof. If they're not getting flagged for blocking in the back Erickson is fumbling the ball. I admit some of that seems unavoidable but if there's a coaching change it's hard to make a case for him staying.

Caskey oversees one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL despite having decent talent. Most here will blame the Oline for everything but Joe Mixon still isn't the player the Bengals thought they were getting when they drafted him and Mark Walton still feels like a luxury pick without a role to play. Is he on the same 3 year plan as the wide receivers?

Last, Jacob Burney leads on the most underperforming units on the team. The Bengals certainly don't lack for talent on the defensive line but they do lack for creativity. For example, when was the last time you witnessed a Bengal defensive lineman execute a spin move like Joey Bosa used last week to drop Big Ben?

Bottom line, regardless of which team unit being considered the common thread is this coaching staff doesn't prepare young players to play early....something our closest rivals seem to have no problem doing.

I would disagree about Caskey. We are tied for seventh in the league in yards per attempt. Which I would consider pretty darn good considering the poor O line play and our offensive coordinator forgets to run the football. Mixon is ahead of guys like Kamara, Zeke, Hunt, AD and Johnson in yards per attempt. Our RBs also rarely fumble. I think they are credited with just one fumble this year. If we could just beef up the O line and actually stay consistent with the running the ball, our running game could be one of the better ones in the league.

6. Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Blow up the staff and maybe the roster too.

Guys I’d want to keep pretty much no matter what:
    A.J.
    Mixon
    Bates
    WJ3 probably
    Geno
    Dunlap

I would add Carl Lawson to your list.

Probably Billy Price thinking if he does not turn into anything other than
    a Bengalized™ meh Center give him a shot at Guard.