Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Time

I'm not sure if one win over the hapless Raiders qualifies as a dead cat bounce but the Bengals week 15 victory dropped them to 15th in the draft order. Obviously that takes them completely out of the running for a blue chipper, but I console myself by asking what are the odds they'd actually draft one if they had the chance?

With two weeks to go the Bengals still have a chance to play spoilers against the Browns and Steelers. I can't see it happening in either case but I'd welcome a couple of meaningless wins regardless of what it would mean to the Bengals draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    I'm not sure if one win over the hapless Raiders qualifies as a dead cat bounce but the Bengals week 15 victory dropped them to 15th in the draft order. Obviously that takes them completely out of the running for a blue chipper, but I console myself by asking what are the odds they'd actually draft one if they had the chance?

With two weeks to go the Bengals still have a chance to play spoilers against the Browns and Steelers. I can't see it happening in either case but I'd welcome a couple of meaningless wins regardless of what it would mean to the Bengals draft position.
    I'd take wins as well... could see them winning one, but not both. Hope I'm wrong.

It'll be interesting to see who comes out for the draft over the next few weeks. A lot of talented players haven't declared yet, but I suspect that will change.

3. NFL Draft standings post 4PM today

1. Cardinals
    2. Raiders
    3. Jets
    4. 49ers
    5. Jaguars
    6 Falcons
    7. Lions
    8. Giants
    9. Bucs
    10. Bills
    11. Packers
    12. Panthers
    13. Eagles
    14. Broncos
    15. Bengals
    16. Browns
    17. Dolphins
    18. Redskins

7:27 PM - Dec 16, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    I'd take wins as well... could see them winning one, but not both. Hope I'm wrong.
    I can't help it. I just can't get behind the idea of tanking. Even if the team has nothing to play for I'm still pulling for the players. I understand the indifference of the fan base and I completely respect the decision of so many to stay home. But I still want to see the Bengals beat the Browns and end their playoff hopes.

Misery loves comfort.

I can't help it. I just can't get behind the idea of tanking. Even if the team has nothing to play for I'm still pulling for the players. I understand the indifference of the fan base and I completely respect the decision of so many to stay home. But I still want to see the Bengals beat the Browns and end their playoff hopes.

Misery loves comfort.
    I don't like the idea of tanking either but if we get blown out by the Browns thats a good thing for the long run.

1. It likely means Marvin is gone.
    2. It hopefully leads to Hue not being around
    3. It could mean the Browns stick with Williams who I think is a mess and will fall apart eventually.
    4. It means we draft lower
    5. It means our schedule is easier
    6. If the Browns stick with Williams it means they don't go after a guy like Bieniemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I don't like the idea of tanking either but if we get blown out by the Browns thats a good thing for the long run.

1. It likely means Marvin is gone.
    2. It hopefully leads to Hue not being around
    3. It could mean the Browns stick with Williams who I think is a mess and will fall apart eventually.
    4. It means we draft lower
    5. It means our schedule is easier
    6. If the Browns stick with Williams it means they don't go after a guy like Bieniemy.

Face it, you like the idea of tanking.

Face it, you like the idea of tanking.
    We are better off losing than winning in the long run. I don't like the idea of purposefully losing. But losses will get us to where we want to be faster.

8. What makes you think Bienemy is such a hot commodity as a head coach?
    I think they could do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by High School Harry View Post
    What makes you think Bienemy is such a hot commodity as a head coach?
    I think they could do better than that.
    Nagy and Pederson and the way Reid talks about him.

At this point they just need to alternate between drafting OL and LB. We could easily use at least thee new LBs, if not just replace all of them. Then need an upgrade at RT and RG and depth on the OL.