Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Time

My Thinking in the first round right now is to trade down and grab either Daniel Jones or Drew Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    My Thinking in the first round right now is to trade down and grab either Daniel Jones or Drew Lock.
    I would like to see the Bengals take a QB, and I like Jones in particular, but given the strength of this draft in the front 7 on D, that's where I would go in round 1. If you're picking 11th and have a shot at guys like Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams or Devin White (guess we'll see how they show out before the draft - I expect a few will already be gone), that'd be my pick.

There are some solid QB prospects a bit lower that I like. One in particular - Easton Stick of North Dakota State. Have seen him several times... he's impressive. Decent size (6-2, 220), solid arm, can throw on the move. He was Carson Wentz' backup, and played when Wentz was hurt... and has started since Wentz has left. Probably a 3rd day guy but he looks like he can play, and he's started - and won - a bunch of games.

There are tons of good qbs that’s hould come
    Out in 2020 and 2021.

I’m fine getting a backup, but I’m not sure this year is the best year to get a future starter.

Give dalton one more year with a new coach and then let the new coach get his guy if he can’t turn things around with Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    There are tons of good qbs that’s hould come
    Out in 2020 and 2021.

I’m fine getting a backup, but I’m not sure this year is the best year to get a future starter.
    Rumor has it Haskins came out early to avoid being the 4th QB selected next year.

I only watched Daniel Jones once this year, against Clemson. Totally overmatched.

Trading down for Drew Lock not appealing to me but I remind myself they don't have a head coach and no matter what the new guy thinks of Dalton the #2 QB job is wide open. I consider Driskell to be a #3.

Last, no surprise the idea of trading down sounds good. Perhaps noteworthy....the Raiders have two late 1st rounders (#24 and #27) whose combined trade value almost perfectly matches the #11 slot. Not sure if there's anyone they'd be willing to trade up for but I read they may want more bang than they can get with selections that late in the round.

Yeah, I'm not really high on Jones or Lock either.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    There are some solid QB prospects a bit lower that I like. One in particular - Easton Stick of North Dakota State. Have seen him several times... he's impressive. Decent size (6-2, 220), solid arm, can throw on the move. He was Carson Wentz' backup, and played when Wentz was hurt... and has started since Wentz has left. Probably a 3rd day guy but he looks like he can play, and he's started - and won - a bunch of games.
    Just saw where he was named a starter for the upcoming East/West Shrine game. That could be big for him, especially in a draft class lacking or even devoid of elite level QB prospects.

Wow, report coming out that the Oakland Athletics expect Kyler Murray to enter the NFL draft and possibly reject his $4.66M deal they offered him when they drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Wow, report coming out that the Oakland Athletics expect Kyler Murray to enter the NFL draft and possibly reject his $4.66M deal they offered him when they drafted him.
    Would any of you want him in the first?

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Would any of you want him in the first?
    Not in the first round... but later I would take him.

Thing is... he's really small. Like 5-9-ish. And he hasn't been hit much - OU had a great OL and he was well-protected.

I saw him play in HS... he went to the same HS as Cedric Ogbuehi (Allen, TX) which is typically one of the best HS programs in the country. His teams never lost and he was always the best player on the field. He started out at Texas A&M and basically washed out there... after Baker left, he ends up starting and winning the Heisman. Pretty crazy. Clearly, Lincoln Riley is a much better offensive coach than Sumlin, and that made a huge difference for him.

Fantastic athlete, makes some crazy runs with his escapability, and he has a live arm, too. Just not sure about how well he'd do against the big boys given his size. But I'd definitely take him on day 2 or 3. Just not at #11.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Just saw where he was named a starter for the upcoming East/West Shrine game. That could be big for him, especially in a draft class lacking or even devoid of elite level QB prospects.
    Cool... thanks - will have to watch. Hope he does well.

I think he's pretty intriguing. I haven't seen the latest projection for him... I'm sure he's not super high on the list but I liked what I have seen.