Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Time

Mock Draft Time

13. Cincinnati Bengals

PICK: Tyler Biadasz, OL, Wisonsin
    Cincinnati’s offensive line has been a bit better this season, but the re-figuration of the unit is incomplete. Biadasz is a versatile piece that could fit multiple positions for the Bengals.

Biadasz has a ton of power to offer, and moves defensive lineman in the run game. With his strong build, he is able to consistently anchor in pass protection. He will be yet another in the long line of former Wisconsin offensive lineman in the NFL.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/...k-draft-3-0/2/

IMO he's a better center prospect than Billy Price. Not kidding, sadly. Probably too soon for the Bengals to consider taking a mulligan at that spot but perhaps not if rumors about the Bengals shifting Price to guard to better hide his blocking deficiencies are true. Still seems awfully high to take Biadasz. I wouldn't put him in the same rare class as Quinton Nelson but maybe compares to Frank Ragnow. Wisconsin Oline pedigree is attractive. They're well coached.

Almost impossible to do a mock at this point. This team needs blowing up and needs to wisely spend some money in free agency if they want to come close the competing. Only then would it make sense to make a mock.

As of now though I could see them going OL, QB, TE, LB. lots of holes.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Almost impossible to do a mock at this point. This team needs blowing up and needs to wisely spend some money in free agency if they want to come close the competing. Only then would it make sense to make a mock.

Agreed. At first glance I thought it was crazy early to be discussing a mock but on second thought maybe it isn't. Bowl games are coming soon and team needs aren't hard to figure out. Bengals need everything. So take it all with a grain of salt, I guess. Hard to take any of it seriously when you don't know where teams will be drafting or which players will still be standing weeks and months from now.

Overall the coming draft seems deep at DL and TE and if the OLT crop seems thin at least there's plenty of interior guys worth considering, including Biadasz. Badgers have a good looking ORT prospect too.

First overall impression of the mocks I've seen? Bengals selecting Duane Haskins is a weirdly popular choice in plenty of mocks. Weird because nobody seems to think he's worthy of being selected as high as the Bengals will be picking but because they have Dalton there would be no need to rush Haskins, who almost everyone agrees will need a year or two before being ready. As a BPA guy I instantly hated the idea but I'm on record saying a new head coach should be allowed to pick a new starting QB. So all things considered it feels like something we'll be doomed to argue about for months and months.

A lot of good looking linemen for sure this year... plus there will be additions over the next few weeks, I'm sure.

No doubt that a lot has to change on this team, but who knows if it will. For now, it's a 6-10 at best team so they're likely picking in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post

You solidify the line and get 2 lbs next year and this team competes. With a new coaching staff. Certainly upgrades are possible at QB and TE but it's not like the line. And the Line isn't far away IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Agreed. At first glance I thought it was crazy early to be discussing a mock but on second thought maybe it isn't. Bowl games are coming soon and team needs aren't hard to figure out. Bengals need everything. So take it all with a grain of salt, I guess. Hard to take any of it seriously when you don't know where teams will be drafting or which players will still be standing weeks and months from now.

Overall the coming draft seems deep at DL and TE and if the OLT crop seems thin at least there's plenty of interior guys worth considering, including Biadasz. Badgers have a good looking ORT prospect too.

First overall impression of the mocks I've seen? Bengals selecting Duane Haskins is a weirdly popular choice in plenty of mocks. Weird because nobody seems to think he's worthy of being selected as high as the Bengals will be picking but because they have Dalton there would be no need to rush Haskins, who almost everyone agrees will need a year or two before being ready. As a BPA guy I instantly hated the idea but I'm on record saying a new head coach should be allowed to pick a new starting QB. So all things considered it feels like something we'll be doomed to argue about for months and months.
    Not sure how’d I’d feel about Haskins. I go back and forth. I think he has a great arm and put up ridiculous numbers and can make every throw, but he also had very good WRs that can take little 10 yard crossing routes to the house.

He seems to be in the mold of more like the 2005 prototype qb of height and arm strength more so than the 2018 prototype which is being more mobile like Watson, Mahomes, Wilson, etc.

If a team had a very good OL I think Haskins could be great. I think he’d be mediocre though and dalton like if he has the line we have now.

IMO needs are OT (left or right, if we get a left, move Cordy), LB, TE, and RG. CB wouldn’t surprise me either with DQ being in his last year.

IF Mike Brown does the unexpected and fires Marvin, and we could trade Dalton for at worst a mid 2, I’d be ok with a QB as well. I’d love to get Haskins.

Pff

.@PFF_Mike sends #LSU LB Devin White to the #Bengals in his latest Mock Draft with @PFF.

White earned a 90.7 coverage grade with the Tigers in 2018, which should music to Cincinnati's ears given the team's off-ball LB play this season.

: profootballfocus.com/news/draft-bos…

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Pff

.@PFF_Mike sends #LSU LB Devin White to the #Bengals in his latest Mock Draft with @PFF.

White earned a 90.7 coverage grade with the Tigers in 2018, which should music to Cincinnati's ears given the team's off-ball LB play this season.

������: profootballfocus.com/news/draft-bos…
    If they don't go QB, he's the guy I want most. But a lot of moxperts have him going 5-10.