Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    [FONT="]Justis Mosqueda@JuMosq 14h14 hours agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Justis Mosqueda Retweeted Packers Sheriff[/FONT]
    Honestly most HC candidates would be good hires. The issue is making sure you get the right OC/DC/OL coach in place. Coaching is more about the sum of the parts than one individual, in most circumstances. I worry more about coordinators/OL coach in GB than them fumbling at HC.
    ...bad OC/DC/OL hires can hurt a team, but a bad HC hire will destroy a team. Green Bay has had a long string of solid HC’s, and can afford to think like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    ...bad OC/DC/OL hires can hurt a team, but a bad HC hire will destroy a team. Green Bay has had a long string of solid HC’s, and can afford to think like this.
    Yeah to that point there is a huge difference in Green Bay vs Cincinnati. Green Bay needs a good coach. Cincinnati needs a coach that can bring at least some culture change.

My guesses at this point.

*Cardinals-Adam Gase
    *Bengals-Eric Bieniemy
    *Dolphins-Kris Richard
    *Broncos-Mike Munchack (Doesn't appear to be interviewing other places but was requested)
    *Jets-Mike McCarthy
    *Buccaneers-Bruce Arians
    *Packers-Josh McDaniels
    *Browns-Greg Williams

Schefter reporting Matt LaFleur likely the Packers next HC.

And Jay glazer saying bucs are gonna take Arians.

I wonder if josh mcdaniels interviews with us now. i hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    x2. I don't want that smarmy POS coaching the Bengals.

I was listening to the Bengals' podcast and Dehner and the other guy seem to think Matt Eberflus could be the Bengals' guy. Which is interesting, because no one has read anywhere that he's been interviewed as yet.

That said, some teams play it close to the vest about who they're interviewing... while others, like the Jets, announce on Twitter when they've completed an interview. Personally, I subscribe to the latter, not the former. So FYI, I took a dump a few minutes ago, and it went really well! Just sayin'. And, we move forward that way (or, it should say, "it" moved forward that way).

Packers-LaFleur
    Bucs-Arians

Broncos-Munchack
    Cards-Kingsbury
    Jets-McCarthy
    Dolphins-Flores

Bengals-?
    Browns-?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I wonder if McDaniels has gotten himself labeled as a prima donna who is more trouble than he’s worth. Continually turning down opportunities to interview for the most coveted jobs in all of football has to rub a lot of NFL owners the wrong way.... Particularly when you’ve been bad as a head coach, had players totally not trust you, been embroiled in cheating scandals, and been fired mid season before.

Dude acts like he’s Belicheck or Saban, but his personal resume doesn’t back that up at all.

On the other side of the coin, the guy is going to be in the running for most jobs until at least Tom is gone. He can afford to be selective and get full control, rather than dealing with crazy/overarching owners that come with the Colts and Bengals. Sucks he turned us down, but there is a lot of uncertainty around this team with the roster and owner. Minnesota and Pittsburgh could both be open next year and those have to be much more appealing from a talent and control standpoint.