Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Zac Taylor reportedly the choice; Bill Callahan and Jack Del Rio in line to join him?

We are interviewing Zac Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Lapham likes his friend. Good to know.
    You can like someone and not think they are a good HC candidate. I think Lap wants what's best for the Bengals regardless of his personal feelings about guys.

Bengals have requested an interview with Josh McDaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Bengals have requested an interview with Josh McDaniels.
    I know guys that coached with belicheck don’t have the best track record but I’d still take him.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post

I know guys that coached with belicheck don’t have the best track record but I’d still take him.
    I would have to think the guy learned a lot after the Broncos stint. I would be pretty happy if he came and brought more of "those" people/eyes to the talent on this roster. Just a general demeanor change to the organization and vets would be good.

My only concern is his bailing on Indy last year. You wonder how he would react if things didnt go his way early in his tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    You can like someone and not think they are a good HC candidate. I think Lap wants what's best for the Bengals regardless of his personal feelings about guys.
    Lap is currently on my **** list for his Marvin is staying with hue as OC and Vance as DC crap. I know Lap is a true fan, but that makes his objectivity when it comes to current assistants crap.

Since it was brought up on the radio tonight:

Brian Kelli?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Lap is currently on my **** list for his Marvin is staying with hue as OC and Vance as DC crap. I know Lap is a true fan, but that makes his objectivity when it comes to current assistants crap.

or he had a bad source.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Since it was brought up on the radio tonight:

Brian Kelli?
    The UC/Notre Dame guy? No thanks. That guy’s teams are even worse on the big stage than Marvin’s.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    The UC/Notre Dame guy? No thanks. That guy’s teams are even worse on the big stage than Marvin’s.

While I personally don’t want to hire him, I wouldn’t say his teams fail on the big stage. It’s not coaching, it’s a talent deficit.

I’d argue his team has been put into games they shouldn’t have been put into in the first place.

Notre Dame isn’t the program it was 25 years ago but it’s still treated as such. They can’t recruit like other schools, and thus when they play top tier teams they are outclassed. But they have a big following so when they have any amount of success, they get over hyped and over ranked. All that’s really happening is that they’re being led to slaughter to more talented rosters.