Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Zac Taylor reportedly the choice; Bill Callahan and Jack Del Rio in line to join him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    No no I mean had Hue stayed. I don’t think any player will have an issue with Hue being gone, but I think it would have caused issues had he stayed under Taylor.

Just like how the Browns couldn’t keep Gregg Williams after promoting Kitchens. All loyalties should be to the HC.
    True. This Drastic of a change requires a complete revamp.

Check Goodberry’s twitter feed for a live breakdown of the Rams offense tonight with ideas of what the Bengals offense could look like under Taylor.

BuckyBrooks

.@RamsNFL are quietly a smash-mouth offense. Despite the sexy motions, shifts and creative routes, LA is a run-heavy, play-action pass attack.. They punch you in the mouth and throw it over your head w/complementary action passes

BuckyBrooks

.@RamsNFL are quietly a smash-mouth offense. Despite the sexy motions, shifts and creative routes, LA is a run-heavy, play-action pass attack.. They punch you in the mouth and throw it over your head w/complementary action passes
    For sure and you saw that tonight. BTW, Whit had a terrific game... he totally neutralized Randy Gregory and DeMarcus Lawrence. They were total non-factors.

Really happy for him.

I’m thinking Indy’s Oline Coach coming available this morning may have changed things?

Elise Jesse

I am hearing OL coach, Frank Pollack is out. #Bengals

I’m thinking Indy’s Oline Coach coming available this morning may have changed things?

Elise Jesse

I am hearing OL coach, Frank Pollack is out. #Bengals
    Wasn’t mike Sherman a top OL coach as well? Wonder if zac would want his father in law who has head coaching experience be there by his side to give him advice and what not.

If Zac Taylor gets Bengals job, the first thing he should do is hire his father in law, Mike Sherman, as assistant head coach. His expertise and experience would be a terrific advantage for a first-time head coach. Kubiak told me once Sherman was the best O line coach he’d seen.

— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL)

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Wasn’t mike Sherman a top OL coach as well? Wonder if zac would want his father in law who has head coaching experience be there by his side to give him advice and what not.

Bill Callahan was also his head coach at Nebraska.

my question is why now and not last Friday with everyone else?

Dehner

At a certain point, you have to let your coach hire his staff. As great as Pollack has done, allowing ZT to make this move shows he's being allowed to make the decisions on his staff and not ownership forcing anybody on him.

Bill Callahan was also his head coach at Nebraska.

my question is why now and not last Friday with everyone else?
    Dehner made it seem like pollack was getting opportunities elsewhere and sounded kinda mutual?