Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zac Taylor reportedly the choice ; Current Staff being told their fate.

Zac Taylor reportedly the choice ; Current Staff being told their fate.

Who's on your list?

Some thoughts:

Hue Jackson - will get an interview for sure... not my choice, but I'd take him as OC

Vance Joseph - Elway didn't do him any favors with QB play in Denver. Worth an interview... likely better as DC.

Darrin Simmons - really think he can coach. Intense guy, knows the roster. Like the idea of a ST coach, as others have had success making the transition to HC.

Kris Richard - DB coach and DC in waiting in Dallas. Did a lot with the "Legion of Boom" in Seattle, and has done a lot in Dallas. Has a great temperament - young, enthusiastic, intense. Players play well for him. Saw where Jets just asked to interview him.

Matt Eberfluis - DC, Indy - has done well pretty much everywhere he's been. Rising star in the coaching ranks.

Mike Munchak - intense guy. Former HC, knows the AFC-N from his time in Pittsburgh.

Eric Bienemy - Current OC in KC, although he doesn't call the plays. No HC experience, but has been a pro coach for some time. Great college player who spent a few years as a Bengal RB and kick returner.

Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern HC. Intense, smart. No pro coaching experience.

Matt Campbell, Iowa St. HC - has done well at a few stops in college.

Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma HC. Not gonna happen, but an offensive guru for sure. Would need a strong defensive staff.

I’d be interested in Freddie Kitchens. I’m guessing the org probably doesn’t think much of him after publically trashing Hue.

Realistically I’m guessing Vance or Hue.

If they must stick with an internal guy Simmons is my preference.

Mike McCarthy - I think he'd put together a great staff and already has a connection to Dalton thru QB coach. After 13 years his message got stale in Green Bay. Same message would sound fresh in Cincy. First phone call I'd make.

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Mike McCarthy - I think he'd put together a great staff and already has a connection to Dalton thru QB coach. After 13 years his message got stale in Green Bay. Same message would sound fresh in Cincy. First phone call I'd make.
    Good thought... forgot about him. He'd be near the top for me as well. Supposedly Cleveland is hot on his trail.

I hope we get some soft of offensive mastermind not named hue.

I have a long detailed thread about this in the other forum but my choices would be.

1. Eric Bieniemy-He comes from the coaching tree that is on fire right now, is super well thought of, has been an AHC before and has ties to the team. Could bring in the unemployed Darrel Bevell (interviewing in Atlanta) as OC and is friends with Vance Joseph as DC. Would find a way to use John Ross and Gio Bernard
    2. Dan Campbell-Former interim HC of the Dolphins, current AHC of the Saints. Would implement a much better offensive system. Could bring in Jim Lombardi (Saints QB coach) as OC and coached with Todd Bowles in Miami. No nonsense and would get the most out of players.
    3. Kris Richard
    4. Matt LaFleur

Want to explore
    Nick Sirianni

Scuttlebutt...

Jets are sniffin' around Bienemy. Browns targeting Eberfluis.

Listened to Hour 1 of the Bengals Line podcast from today. Lapham thinks Simmons would be a good head coach.

Lapham likes his friend. Good to know.