Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interview Tracker

Great news on Bieniemy. For me it's a 3 interview race. Bieniemy moves to number 1 for me. Him, Taylor and Joseph.

We are interviewing 8 people so far. My preference would be
    1. Eric Bieniemy
    2. Zac Taylor
    3. Vance Joseph
    4. Darrin Simmons
    5. Josh McDaniels
    6. Shane Waldron
    7. Bill Lazor
    8. Hue Jackson

I am genuinely pleased that they are looking legitimately outside the organization as part of this process. Was so afraid they would just run to Hue.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I am genuinely pleased that they are looking legitimately outside the organization as part of this process. Was so afraid they would just run to Hue.
    100% agree. The Bieniemy and Taylor things have me very happy. I could be ok with Vance as long as we land on a good OC.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    If they did run to Hue, Hobs would have fun with the Bryan Adams reference.

Just sayin'

5. Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

#Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy is set to interview with two teams today -- #Jets and #Bucs. He’ll do his #Dolphins interview tomorrow. The #Bengals interview is Friday, following Vance Joseph’s today. He’s elected to not take the #AZCardinals interview. Four is plenty.

9:05 AM - Jan 2, 2019

Mcdaniels not taking an interview with us.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Mcdaniels not taking an interview with us.
    Really good news. He would have been a mess. It was a bad personality fit to say the least.

We have requested to interview Todd Monken.

9. I'm not going to pretend to know much about these guys, or really have any kind of preference, but I'm pleased to see them interviewing guys that appear to be out of what i suspect is MB's comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    We have requested to interview Todd Monken.
    Monkees in the Jungle seems like a natural fit.

FWIW he's the coach most responsible for Fitzmagic in Tampa. Monken's coaching star rises and falls with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Pretty sure the Buccaneers head coach, since fired, took play calling duties away from Monken this season. Fitzpatrick thrived under Monken's be fearless mantra. Jameis Winston, not so much. Jets are interested. Looking for a guru for Darnold.