Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interview Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by HOF View Post
    Monkees in the Jungle seems like a natural fit.

FWIW he's the coach most responsible for Fitzmagic in Tampa. Monken's coaching star rises and falls with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Pretty sure the Buccaneers head coach, since fired, took play calling duties away from Monken this season. Fitzpatrick thrived under Monken's be fearless mantra. Jameis Winston, not so much. Jets are interested. Looking for a guru for Darnold.
    Fitzpatrick is a FA

McDaniels turning down an interview is okay with me. I was going to need a bit of convincing on his ability to lead.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with him. His head coaching resume leaves quite a bit to be desired, and I’m not sure he’s doing himself any favors turning down all these opportunities. It feels like he’s pushing his chips all in on being the next Patriots head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    McDaniels turning down an interview is okay with me. I was going to need a bit of convincing on his ability to lead.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with him. His head coaching resume leaves quite a bit to be desired, and I’m not sure he’s doing himself any favors turning down all these opportunities. It feels like he’s pushing his chips all in on being the next Patriots head coach.
    I think he's the Packers coach.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post

When I think of McDaniels, I think of the game - his first as a HC, when Leon Hall batted the pass at the end that Brandon Stokely caught and ran in. He's a cocky SOB.
    After a good start, the team lost a bunch of games in a row and out of playoff contention.

I think what he did to Indy was terrible... I'm just as glad he's not interviewing for the job. As Bengalbro says, a lot of folks feel like he's headed to GB. Good luck to him.

Tom Pelissero

#Bengals brass is headed to L.A. to interview #Rams assistants Zac Taylor and Shane Waldron for their head coaching job Friday, sources say. Two bright young members of Sean McVay’s offensive staff who were on our rising HC candidate list. ✈️

Related: #Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy’s interview with the #Bengals is now scheduled for Saturday, per source. Lot of offensive innovation for Mike Brown to hear about in next 48 hours.

Any chance we are interviewing Waldron to be the OC if we hire Taylor? Or would Waldron stay in LA and be the Oc for mcvay?

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Any chance we are interviewing Waldron to be the OC if we hire Taylor? Or would Waldron stay in LA and be the Oc for mcvay?
    I think he stays because I am not sure that's viewed as a real promotion. Taylor's brother is the QB coach for the Eagles. I would bet he's the OC for Taylor whereever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    I think he stays because I am not sure that's viewed as a real promotion. Taylor's brother is the QB coach for the Eagles. I would bet he's the OC for Taylor whereever he goes.
    Not saying I’d be against it, but have either called plays at any level?

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Not saying I’d be against it, but have either called plays at any level?
    Not sure. They are all involved in game planning. Press came up with the Philly Special. Good article here. https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/za...s-head-coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    Not sure. They are all involved in game planning. Press came up with the Philly Special. Good article here. https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/za...s-head-coaches
    Good article. I’m sold.