Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-4?

Quote Originally Posted by High School Harry View Post
    I don't know if they could or not but I think it would be great if they could. I was wondering about the CFL guy, a DE named Jeffcoat, would be worth a look-see there.
    Do you mean Jackson Jeffcoat? He was a DE at U of Texas. Son of former Dallas Cowboy... never did much in college. Talented but more of a tease than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Don’t think Lawson and Hubbard could play OLB? Then you’d only need two interior guys. Pretty much in the same position we are in now in the 4-3.
    I don’t see either playing LB except for an occasional snap.

The only reason I’d consider is because I think it’s easier to find guys to fit a 3-4 given today’s college game. It’s filled with tweezers.

That said, they would have to bring in a ton of new guys. They don’t nearly have the talent to switch on the current roster.

I also also think you lessen Geno by switching.

Isn’t geno similar size to guys like mike Daniels and Jonathan Allen that play DE in a 3-4?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    The only reason I’d consider is because I think it’s easier to find guys to fit a 3-4 given today’s college game. It’s filled with tweezers.

That said, they would have to bring in a ton of new guys. They don’t nearly have the talent to switch on the current roster.

We were dead last in Defense last year so we need to bring in a ton of new guys anyway...

What the hell do we have to lose?

Good old autocorrect! It causes more errors than it fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Bengal View Post
    We were dead last in Defense last year so we need to bring in a ton of new guys anyway...

What the hell do we have to lose?

I don’t think they need wholesale changes. They ranked 6th over the last seven weeks after Marvin took over.

Its clear That much of the early season issues were because of scheme, not talent.

The biggest thing is to fix the linebackers. That will fix the run game, and if the LBs can actually cover then the pass rush will get home.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 01-03-2019 at 07:59 AM.

I don’t think they need wholesale changes. They ranked 6th over the last seven weeks after Marvin took over.

Its clear That much of the early season issues were because of scheme, not talent.

The biggest thing is to fix the linebackers. That will fix the run game, and if the LBs can actually cover then the pass rush will get home.
    This is what I think too, Fix the LBs and Fix the Right side of the line and get better coaching and we can contend with anyone. As long as Dalton is having a good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    This is what I think too, Fix the LBs and Fix the Right side of the line and get better coaching and we can contend with anyone. As long as Dalton is having a good year.
    Disagree--as good as Atkins and Dunlap are, they rarely come through when the game is on the line. How many times have teams scored right before halftime? How many times has the Defense gotten a sack at the end of the game when the other team is driving for a go-ahead score?

Way too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Bengal View Post
    Disagree--as good as Atkins and Dunlap are, they rarely come through when the game is on the line. How many times have teams scored right before halftime? How many times has the Defense gotten a sack at the end of the game when the other team is driving for a go-ahead score?

Way too many times.
    I agree... I think you mean "not enough times" for the defense, but I think the same. Not good enough, too often.