Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-4?

3-4?

Marvin clearly never was going to run a 3-4 here.

Depending on what coach we bring in, is there any possibility we switch to a 3-4 defense? Do we have the personnel for it?

The secondary isn’t really effected by 4-3 or 3-4 so comes down to Lbs and DL.

I think we need to completely start over on LBs if we stick with the 4-3. If we go to the 3-4 would Lawson and Hubbard make good 3-4 OLBs?

I don’t know as much about the DL. Dunlap could prob play 3-4 DE I think? Does Geno fit at all though? Billings could prob play NT but would he be good enough?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JBandJoeyV View Post
    Marvin clearly never was going to run a 3-4 here.

Depending on what coach we bring in, is there any possibility we switch to a 3-4 defense? Do we have the personnel for it?

The secondary isn’t really effected by 4-3 or 3-4 so comes down to Lbs and DL.

I think we need to completely start over on LBs if we stick with the 4-3. If we go to the 3-4 would Lawson and Hubbard make good 3-4 OLBs?

I don’t know as much about the DL. Dunlap could prob play 3-4 DE I think? Does Geno fit at all though? Billings could prob play NT but would he be good enough?

Thoughts?
    I think we need to stick with the 4-3. But Denver ran a 3-4 and if we have Woods as our DC that could mean a 3-4.

IMO Carlos Dunlap is a perfect 4-3 DE...but he might be even better in a 3-4.

Carl Lawson. Malik Jefferson. Plenty of others.

Plus, the Bengals have the 11th pick in a draft stuffed with every type of defensive lineman you could want.

I think they could do it quickly if they wanted.

Our best defensive player is Geno. I don't think he would be a good fit in a 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_NC View Post
    Our best defensive player is Geno. I don't think he would be a good fit in a 3-4.
    And our best LB is Vigil. Where do you think he fits best? Could he be an ILB.

6. No. We don't even have three decent linebackers on the team.

I don’t see a reason to. This defense is close to being a top 15/top 10 defense again. Upgrade the LB position and add another pass rusher and this defense can be good again. No reason to mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by High School Harry View Post
    No. We don't even have three decent linebackers on the team.
    Don’t think Lawson and Hubbard could play OLB? Then you’d only need two interior guys. Pretty much in the same position we are in now in the 4-3.

9. I don't know if they could or not but I think it would be great if they could. I was wondering about the CFL guy, a DE named Jeffcoat, would be worth a look-see there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalbro View Post
    And our best LB is Vigil. Where do you think he fits best? Could he be an ILB.
    He fits best on the bench. With all of the other LBs.

LB corps needs a forklift upgrade. Jefferson might be a good LB in time but he needs to figure things out. Maybe Vigil was playing hurt so that limited him, but he got exposed a lot and I wouldn’t count on him.