Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agree or Disagree?

Agree or Disagree?

So to spice up the offseason of sorts, this thread is for you to post a bold opinion/claim for people to agree or disagree with (and why).

I'll start off with:

The Bengals DON'T need to take an OT with one of their first two picks (assume no signings other than Fisher, Smith and Hart all back with Glenn and Rod Taylor).

Disagree. All those guys suck and glenn is older too.

We are eventually going to need a LT and RT for the future. Should get at least one now.

Disagree. It's a need and I think it's where draft value will fall for us. I am hopeful it's a guy who we can plug in at RT immediately with a starting LT ceiling.

No idea. If I’m the team, though, I try to create something workable before the draft, draft BPA, and fill holes after in free agency...

Going into drafts thinking we have to spend picks a certain way seems to hurt us.

Agree.

Under the scenario presented the Bengals would have two starting tackles and two backup swing tackles who can play on either side. IMO that reduces the need to a point where you can look elsewhere in the draft during the early rounds when better players and better value might be available. To be clear, I'd still consider OT if the promised upgrade was big enough and the prospect being considered was better than the players available who play other positions.

The Bengals got into this mess in 2015 when they invented what wasn't there to fill a need. They won't dig themselves out of the hole they created by doing the same thing. All of which brings me to my last point. The question is hypothetical. The answer can't be. Anyone suggesting the Bengals use a 1st or 2nd rounder on a ORT better have a specific name in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    No idea. If I’m the team, though, I try to create something workable before the draft, draft BPA, and fill holes after in free agency...

Going into drafts thinking we have to spend picks a certain way seems to hurt us.
    That's dead on.

I don't think they can afford to reach... that said, need to be open to moving up or dropping down a bit to get an OT in the first 3 rounds.

ESPN has this as rankings
    12-Jonah Williams
    14-Cody Ford
    21-Greg Little
    25-Jawaan Taylor.

While that will surely adjust you would have to think someone will be there at 11.

9. Agree or disagree: It'd be just fine if the Bengals never picked anybody but linemen in the first round (except for a QB when the time comes)
    ORANGE n BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by Orange n Black View Post
    Agree or disagree: It'd be just fine if the Bengals never picked anybody but linemen in the first round (except for a QB when the time comes)
    Disagree. I don’t think a team be successful investing that much draft equity and money in one position group.