Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playoff Thread

1. The Team Steeler ref crew was doing the game.

The refs blew that call, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. They also failed to do anything about the fact, that multiple fans in the stands were blowing whistles (they even showed on one tv at one point) throughout the game, which clearly was causing the Rams offense issues early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    The refs blew that call, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. They also failed to do anything about the fact, that multiple fans in the stands were blowing whistles (they even showed on one tv at one point) throughout the game, which clearly was causing the Rams offense issues early in the game.
    Yep that was an egregious miss... NFL admitted as much. Would have been tough for LA to come back in regulation but I guess we'll never know.

That said, NOLA didn't make plays when it got to OT, and the Rams made enough.

Quote Originally Posted by texbengal View Post
    Yep that was an egregious miss... NFL admitted as much. Would have been tough for LA to come back in regulation but I guess we'll never know.

That said, NOLA didn't make plays when it got to OT, and the Rams made enough.
    The Rams would not have had a chance to come back in regulation. If the call is made, the game is pretty much over, as the Rams were out of timeouts and New Orleans could have knelt the clock down and kicked the chippy to win.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    The Rams would not have had a chance to come back in regulation. If the call is made, the game is pretty much over, as the Rams were out of timeouts and New Orleans could have knelt the clock down and kicked the chippy to win.
    Likely right.

That said, happy for Whitworth and for Rex as well over in NE. Both really good football players. If NE wins, I wonder if Jeremy Hill would get a ring? He's on IR.

Was rooting for the Rams, but I feel bad for Ben Watson.