Thread: Report: Bengals could be nearing decision

Report: Bengals could be nearing decision

Report: Bengals could be nearing decision
    Posted by Darin Gantt on January 9, 2019, 12:01 PM EST
    Getty Images

With three jobs filled and five to go, it appears others are close to decisions.

According to Paul Dehner of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals could be close to a decision, as he notes “it appears the interviewing portion of the search is over.”

There was a report from Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network over the weekend they still wanted to talk to some coaches involved in the playoffs, but it’s unclear if they’ll wait.

So far, the Bengals have interviewed former Broncos head coach Vance Joseph, internal candidates Darrin Simmons, Bill Lazor, and Hue Jackson, along with Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor and passing game coordinator Shane Waldron, and Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken.

Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels turned down a chance to interview for the job.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ring-decision/

Jeremy Rauch, a Fox19 sports guy tweeted:

Source: "confident" #Bengals are looking at outside candidate with an offensive background.

Hopping on @fox19 at 4:30 with more info.

Story here on the narrowed search: https://bit.ly/2H4p07Z @fox19
    So that gives me good hope.

Sounds like "Sleeping with Bieniemy" and Zac Taylor are in the mix. Thought maybe Eberflus would be considered, but he's a D coach.

If they do go O, wonder if someone like Vance would get consideration for DC?

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Jeremy Rauch, a Fox19 sports guy tweeted:

So that gives me good hope.
    Three good offensive candidates to choose from...all of them outsiders.

Weeks ago I would have called that best case scenario.

All that's left to do now is pick the right guy.

Monken please.

I'd love Bieniemy.

Keep in mind Monken, Taylor and Waldron could all be in the mix for the OC job. Vance the DC job.

Taylo HC other Taylor OC Waldron QB coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    Taylo HC other Taylor OC Waldron QB coach?
    I think you'd have to do it hte other way.Waldron is still employed. Maybe Klint Kubiak as Qbs coach if he isn't promoted in Denver with his dad.